The world of test got an early present this holiday season as the U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., gave the test world 21 new experimental test pilots, flight test engineers and a combat systems operator.
Class 15A graduates before friends, families, base leadership and fellow testers at Club Muroc Dec. 11.
It was the culmination of an intense, 48-week program that included more than 2,500 hours of academics and approximately 120 hours of in-flight training; transforming top operational pilots, navigators and engineers into elite flight test professionals.
They will now be integrated into teams throughout the flight test enterprise and begin shaping the technology and weapon systems of the future for the Air Force, sister services and allied nations.
Congratulations to Class 15A!
- Matthew Alsleben, Flight Test Engineer
- Capt. John Beilstein, Flight Test Engineer
- Capt. Brian V. Davis, Flight Test Engineer
- Capt. Daniel E. Fredberg, Test Pilot – Remotely Piloted Aircraft
- Maj. Bryan S. Kelly, Test Pilot
- Capt. Stephen W. Kennedy, Flight Test Engineer
- Maj. Kurt D. Macaloney, Combat Systems Operator
- Maj. Glenn M. Meleen, Test Pilot
- Capt. Russell G. Neice Jr., Test Pilot
- Capt. Michael C. O’Connor, Flight Test Engineer
- Maj. Zachary A. Probst, Test Pilot
- Maj. Uri C. Shanske, Test Pilot
- Capt. Bryan Snyder, Flight Test Engineer
- Maj. Joshua A. Strafaccia, Test Pilot
- Maj. John V. Trombetta, Test Pilot
- Capt. Robert A. Waller, Test Pilot
- Capt. Justin C. Wilson, Test Pilot
- Capt. Phillip J. Woodhull, Flight Test Engineer
- Lt. Craig Wright, Test Pilot (U.S. Navy)
- Foreign Student Graduates
- Capt. Sebastien Allard, Test Pilot — Canada
- Capt. Kita Yoichiro, Flight Test Engineer — Japan