Lockheed Martin’s Missions Systems and Training business honored its top suppliers at a ceremony held recently in West Palm Beach, Fla.
MST recognized 19 suppliers, including 13 receiving honors from Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company, as Gold Suppliers for best-in-class performance in achieving on-time delivery, cost and quality standards during 2015.
MST Supplier of the Year awards included:
* Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, Hauppauge, NY, for its support to the Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Undersea Systems and Sensors business
* Anaren, Inc., East Syracuse, N.Y., for its support to MST’s Integrated Warfare Systems and Sensors (IWSS) business
* Astro Manufacturing and Design, Inc. (small veteran-owned business), Eastlake, OH, for its support to the Training and Logistic Solutions (TLS) business
* Fairbanks Morse Engine, Beloit, Wisc., a supplier to the Ship & Aviation Systems (SAS) business
* Jacobs Field Services North America, Inc., Orlando, Fla., a supplier to Mission Systems and Training
* Triumph Gear Systems, Macomb, Mich., a supplier to Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company
Sikorsky Gold Suppliers recognized include:
* A.E. Petsche, a division of Arrow Electronics, headquartered in Arlington, Texas, was also the first Sikorsky-sponsored Supplier Gold distributor receiving the award in December 2008.
* Aurora Flight Sciences located in Columbus, Miss., was awarded Supplier Gold in October 2015. In addition to the sonobuoy launcher for the UH-60R helicopter, Aurora manufactures the Upper Clamshell and Lower Air Stair door for the S-92® helicopter and the slider door for the search-and-rescued configured variant of the S-92.
* BJG Electronics, Inc. is a Certified Women Owned Small Business specializing in the distribution and assembly of electro-mechanical products, and the manufacture of subminiature RF Connectors. Located in Ronkonkoma, N.Y., BJG has been a Gold-level supplier since September 2010.
* Ducommun Incorporated has three facilities that have achieved Supplier Gold Status. The Joplin, Mo., facility, a cable and harness manufacturer, achieved Gold status in May 2010. Ducommun’s Berryville, Ark., facility, which also manufactures cable and harnesses, along with the Huntsville, Ark., facility, an overhead electrical cockpit panel manufacturer, both achieved Gold status in December 2013.
* Exotic Metals from Kent, Wash., is a top sheet metal supplier that first achieved Gold status in September 2007.
* Labinal De Mexico S.A. DE CV. a division of Labinal Power Systems, located in Chihuahua, Mexico, earned its first Supplier Gold award in September 2015.
* Labinal Power Systems, of Denton, Texas, a manufacturer of wire harnesses for the aerospace and defense industries, achieved Supplier Gold in October 2010 and achieved Supplier of the Year award in 2012, while continuing to achieve the Gold standard in 2015.
* TEK Precision based in Deer Park, N.Y., was the first Sikorsky-sponsored Supplier Gold manufacturer, having earned and maintained Gold status since 2008.
* TFAB Manufacturing, LLC – a subsidiary of Tyonek Manufacturing Group, Inc., a native Alaskan corporation. TFAB provides primary manufacturing capabilities in electronic assemblies. The company earned Supplier Gold in September 2015 and is located in Madison, Ala.
* TIMET, a producing mill located in Toronto, Ohio, was first awarded Gold in November 2012.
* Triumph Gear Systems-Macomb, Inc., located in Macomb, Mich., manufactures gear systems, transmissions, housings and detail gears; the company first achieved Gold status in December 2012.
Presenting the awards were John Henry Palumbo, Senior Vice President, Operations for Sikorsky; Michael Sarpu, Vice President, Operations for MST; Janet Duffey, Vice President, Supply Management for Sikorsky; and Phil Goslin, Vice President, Global Supply Chain for MST.