Apple TV? There’s a NASA app for that.
The agency released July 21 its popular NASA app for a new platform, the fourth-generation Apple TV. This version joins the app’s other versions available for iOS in iPhone and iPad versions, Android and Fire OS. The NASA app has been downloaded more than 17 million times across all platforms.
“The NASA app has been a fantastic way for the public to experience the excitement of space exploration from their mobile devices,” said David Weaver, NASA associate administrator for Communications. “Now, users with the latest Apple TV can explore and enjoy our remarkable images, videos, mission information, NASA Television and more on the big screen with the whole family.”
The NASA app for Apple TV offers several features for users:
* Watch live streaming NASA TV, and get a real-time view of the Earth from the International Space Station
* View more than 15,000 images individually or as a continuous slideshow
* Play on demand NASA videos
* Find the next opportunity to view the International Space Station and other NASA satellites pass overhead, based on your location.
* Display 2-D and -3-D satellite tracking maps
* Discover the latest NASA mission information
* Listen to Third Rock internet streaming radio
* View the Earth as Art image gallery
The NASA app is available for free in the App Store on Apple TV.
For more information about the NASA app, visit http://www.nasa.gov/nasaapp.