U.S.

July 18, 2013

FY13 Technical sergeant-selects not eligible for NCORP Phase II

Senior Airman Timothy Moore
355th Fighter Wing Public Affairs

With the June 27 public release of technical sergeant selections, the Total Force Service Center has seen an increase of calls from technical sergeant-selects concerned about being selected for non-voluntary retraining as part of the Noncommissioned Officer Retraining Program Phase II.

However, they are not eligible for non-voluntary selection.

The NCORP is a two-phase program used to balance and sustain enlisted force members by moving second-term and career Airmen from overmanned career fields to undermanned ones.

Phase I allows Airmen, qualified staff sergeant-selects through master sergeants, to volunteer to retrain into an undermanned career field of their choice.

On the other hand, Phase II selects qualified Airmen for non-voluntary retraining. Phase II is implemented when Phase I objectives are not met.

Airmen that meet retraining eligibility requirements and are vulnerable for non-voluntary retraining are notified by their local personnel section in July.

In order to qualify for selection in either phase, retraining applicants must be a second-term or career Airman, have at least a projected rank of staff sergeant through master sergeant, have a minimum 5-skill level in their control Air Force Specialty Code and have at least 24 months of retainability after completion of their new career field’s technical school.

In addition, staff sergeants must have fewer than 12 years of active service as of Sept. 30, and technical and master sergeants can have no more than 16 years of active service by the same date.

The fiscal year 2014 NCORP Phase I ended on July 7. Phase II began on July 8, and is scheduled to end Sept. 8.

The technical sergeant-selects, which were announced on the June 27 release, were able to apply for retraining during Phase I if they met the criteria. However, they will not be selected for non-voluntary retraining during Phase II.




All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.


 
 

 

Face of Defense: Shooting victim seeks to inspire others

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-FORT SAM HOUSTON – An Army officer who was severely wounded in a shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, last year is using his near-death experience to give others a new lease on life. “I believe I was given a second chance,” said 1st Lt. John Arroyo, who is recovering at Brooke Army...
 
 
Fuel_pict

Exchange offers full-service refueling to drivers with disabilities

DALLAS – The Army & Air Force Exchange Service, with the support of U.S. Rep. Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, is adding a new system to gas stations on military installations worldwide to make it easier for drivers with dis...
 
 

Assistance Fund campaign kicks off in February

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas (AFNS) — The annual Air Force Assistance Fund campaign kicks off Feb. 2 at 78 Air Force and joint bases worldwide, Air Force Personnel Center officials announced Jan 12. The campaign, in its 42nd year, will be conducted for six-week periods through May 1, said Bill D’Avanzo, the Air Force voting action...
 

 

Women in Service Review Rollout due in 2016

WASHINGTON – Following the 2013 repeal of the Direct Ground Combat Definition and Assignment Rule, the secretary of defense will announce final decisions to integrate remaining closed occupations and any approved exceptions to policy on or about Jan. 1, 2016, a Pentagon official reported. Juliet Beyler, the Defense Department’s director of officer and enlisted personnel...
 
 

Free tax prep, advice available to military families

WASHINGTON – With the new year comes the annual dread of tax-filing season and the confusion and stress that can go along with it, especially for military families whose tax returns can be further complicated by frequent relocations, involvement of rental properties and other aspects of military life. To ease the burden, the Defense Department,...
 
 

Obama unveils next steps in cybersecurity plan

WASHINGTON – Continuing an effort to help defend the nation’s computer-connected systems, President Barack Obama announced today additional steps that call for more information sharing, modernized law enforcement and updated security data breach reporting. “Cyber threats pose an enormous challenge for our country,” the president said. “As long as I’m president, protecting America’...
 




0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin