Health & Safety

March 20, 2014

Personally training D-M

Tags:
Senior Airman Sivan Veazie
355th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
(U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Sivan Veazie)
Kayla Pevehouse, 355th Force Support Squadron personal trainer, assists one of her clients during a strength training session at the Benko fitness Center, March 11. Trainers educate their clients in many aspects of wellness to include general health and nutritional guidelines.

Are you lacking the motivation to keep yourself fit to fight? Well, the 355th Force Support Squadron has a solution for you; personal trainers.

A personal trainer is a fitness professional involved in exercise prescription and instruction. They help motivate clients by setting goals and providing feedback and accountability to clients.

D-M personal trainers also measure their client’s strengths and weaknesses with fitness assessments. They also offer different types of cardiovascular, strength, flexibility, and also nutrition training to ignite D-M into fighting shape.

“I interview the trainers and make sure that they are not only qualified, but that they are very passionate about making Davis-Monthan better,” said Mr. Cesar Vinueza, 355th FSS fitness center director. “I only want the best for Davis-Monthan!”

Most D-M Airmen use personal trainers to either build strength or help them pass their physical fitness assessment.

“A year ago, I received an email from one of my former client’s children thanking me for the service that I did, which in fact enabled their father to stay in the U.S. Air Force,” said Kenneth Welch, 355th FSS personal trainer. “That’s why I am so passionate about what I do, for moments like that.”

Being physically fit is less than half the battle though, in order to get or stay in shape you must fill your body with the proper nutrients it needs to help you succeed.

“I tell all my clients about my 80-20 rule, 20 percent is working out and the other 80 percent pure nutritional,” said Welch. “You get what you give; if you fill your body with junk you’re going to receive junk, so why not give your body the good stuff?”

If you have access to Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, then you have the opportunity to be trained by professional trainers. For information, please contact the Benko or Haeffner Fitness Center at 228-0022.




All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.


 
 

 
(U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Betty R. Chevalier)

PASM and AMARG set new record

The Pima Air and Space Museum and the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group set a new record for tours administered in the month of July. The non-profit museum and D-M’s “Boneyard” brought in 2,060 visitors, ...
 
 

Help make it possible

D-M is preparing to kickoff its annual Combined Federal Campaign Sept. 1. The CFC’s mission is to give federal employees the opportunity to promote philanthropy by supporting their favorite charities. There are more than 3000 national and international charities for federal employees to choose from. “Now, D-M members can give to any charity in the...
 
 

MAC celebrates 85th anniversary

The Tucson Metro Chamber Military Affairs Committee celebrated its 85th anniversary earlier this month. The MAC became a standing committee of the Tucson Metro Chamber in 1929. At that time, the Chamber’s Aviation Committee was responsible for the Pilot’s Register at Davis-Monthan Aviation Field, the first municipal aviation field in the United States. “I think...
 

 
(U.S. Air Force photo)

Air Force earns majority of federal energy awards

TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. (AFNS) — It’s a banner year for the Air Force with the Department of Energy recently announcing that service won a lion’s share of 2014 Federal Energy Management Program awards. The Air Fo...
 
 

Nominees sought for Joan Orr spouse, Verne Orr ward

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas (AFNS) — Air Force Personnel Center officials are now accepting nominations for the 2015 Air Force Association Joan Orr Air Force Spouse of the Year Award and the 2015 AFA Verne Orr Award. The Joan Orr award honors significant contributions made by non-military spouses of Air Force military members. The...
 
 

Airmen encouraged to vote, obey AFI on political activities

LUKE AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. — As the political season approaches, we should all be encouraged to do our civic duty and go out and vote. However, as an Air Force member, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here is a short noninclusive list to help you determine what is or is...
 




0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin