The Desert Lightning Team will hold several events throughout the month of May to recognize Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month.
The following activities have been scheduled:
Kick-Off Celebration at the Base Exchange – May 9, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
· Variety of Asian dishes donated by off-base establishments
· Korean Drummer and Hula Dancing troupes to perform
· Educational displays highlighting Asian heritage/theme
Airman’s Potluck at the LOFT – May 11, 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
· Free potluck for dorm residents
· Food provided by the Pan Asian Community Alliance & Filipino American Sampaguita Club of Tucson
· Leadership participation welcome
Martial Arts Fun Day at the Community Center – May 16, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
· Three martial arts demonstrations/mini-classes
· Demonstrations to be conducted by Davis-Monthan Airmen and community volunteers
· All ages welcome, kids 10 years and under will be offered a minimal-contact self-defense class, kids five years and under will enjoy an Asian-themed crafts activities
Club Luncheon – May 29, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
· Asian-inspired meal prepared by the Club
· Tickets $12, $10 for Club Members
· The Chinese Community of Tucson Lion Dancers, volunteer Chamorro and Polynesian Dance troupes to perform
· Party favors for all attendees, theme-inspired decorations/giveaways
· Educational slide show
For more information, please contact Tech Sgt. Amanda Smith at 282-8150 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, Staff Sgt. Tara N. Mitchell can be reached at 228-3840 or email@example.com.