Air Force

June 19, 2014

Some AFSCs removed from retention boards

WASHINGTON (AFNS) — Fewer Airmen than originally expected will meet involuntary retention boards this summer and fall, Air Force officials said June 13.

Air Force leaders eliminated approximately 4,000 Airmen from eligibility for the upcoming boards at Secretary of the Air Force Deborah Lee James’s direction to bolster manning for nuclear-related air force specialty codes and to account for budgetary uncertainty regarding proposed force structure changes.

“Establishing full manning in our nuclear positions underscores the vital importance of this mission,” James said. “It also offers these critical Airmen a more stable work schedule and improves their quality of life. Budgetary uncertainty regarding proposed force structure actions is also driving us to retain more Airmen in some career fields. Adjusting our force management programs reduces risk at this point.”

Commanders will be provided updated eligibility rosters for their units reflecting these changes; however, given the short timelines associated with these updates, Airmen should check their respective AFSC, grade or year group on the updated matrices posted on myPers today, to ensure they know their latest status.

The enlisted retention boards and officer enhanced selective early retirement board for Airmen who are still eligible will occur in June with results released in late July or early August.

“Based on our discussions with Air Force senior leaders, the secretary and I decided to retain 4,000 Airmen who were previously eligible for the involuntary retention boards this summer,” said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III. “This adjustment is necessary because we’re not sure whether we’ll be allowed to execute the difficult decisions we made to divest force structure next year and because of our recent decision to increase manning in the nuclear mission.

“We don’t want to cut a single Airman more than the number absolutely necessary to keep our force in balance. This adjustment is another action that keeps us aligned with that principle. Thanks again for who you are, what you do and what you stand for,” Welsh said.

Updates to information on force management and other personnel programs will continue to be available on myPers . Airmen can also use the force management graphic on the Air Force Portal, which will take them to updated matrices and force management program details.




All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.


 
 

 
(U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Ciara Gosier)

Historic fighter squadron celebrates 98th birthday

(U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Ciara Gosier) Historic_Pict2 Caption: U.S. Air Force Airmen from the 94th Fighter Squadron and Aircraft Maintenance Unit pose for a photo at Langley Air Force Base, Va., Aug. 21, 2015. The ph...
 
 
WEBKeySpouse_pict

Key Spouse Program: Supporting the families and Airmen of 12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern)

Photo: KeySpouse_pict DAVIS-MONTHAN AFB, Ariz. — It is in the nature of military service that at some point you will be separated from the ones who love you. Often times a permanent change of station forces spouses and si...
 
 
(Courtesy photo)

SecAF, CSAF, CMSAF present new “little blue book”

(Courtesy photo) Caption: Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force James A. Cody congratulates an Airman attending Airmen’s Week Aug. 27, at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. The Airmen received a copy of “America’...
 

 
af-uav4

Arming the RPAs

Air Force photograph by TSgt. Joseph Swafford A1C Matthew Lopez (center), 62nd Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron munitions systems technician, builds a GPS-guided GBU-49 bomb at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan, Aug. 15, 2015...
 
 
U.S. Air Force photo/Scott M. Ash

AF Senior leaders give State of the Air Force address

WASHINGTON (AFNS) — Secretary of the Air Force Deborah Lee James and Chief of Staff of the Air Force Gen. Mark A. Welsh III held a State of the Air Force address at the Pentagon, Aug. 24. The first topic of discussion w...
 
 
SAPR_pict

Air Force extends SAPR services to AF civilians

WASHINGTON (AFNS) — The Air Force released a policy memo today allowing Air Force civilian employees who are victims of sexual assault to file restricted and unrestricted reports with their installation’s sexual a...
 




0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>