To get a healthy variety, think color by revisiting these bright and colorful powerhouses of a healthy nutrition plan.
Eating fruits and vegetable of different colors gives your body a wide range of valuable nutrients which may help decrease your disease risk.
During September, Air Force Materiel Command will be promoting its “Colorful Choices: Fruit and Vegetable Initiative.” During the month of September, Civilian Health Promotion Services and the Health and Wellness Center are partnering to offer members of the Edwards Community excellent opportunities to attend one of several “Colorful Choices” classes.
Other services offered by CHPS include Cardiac Risk Profile Screenings and Blood Pressure Screenings. The goal of this initiative is to attend one Colorful Choices class and complete a pre- and post-survey. Participants who complete this task will be able to choose one of three incentives awards (while supplies last).
How to participate in the Colorful Choices Initiative
1) Hand in a copy of your completed Health Risk Assessment from www.afmcwellness.com (you can either bring your certificate or if you have already taken the HRA in the past year, bring a print out of your wellness profile). DOD Air Force civilians need to have a current HRA. Active duty members do not need to complete a HRA to participate.
2) Attend a “Colorful Choices” class
3) Take a 5 to10 minute pre-survey (participant identity is anonymous)
4) Take a 5 to 10 minute post-survey (participant identity is anonymous)
5) Receive your completion award
Nutrition Education Classes – Colorful Choices
The series of classes are taught by members of CHPS and the HAWC. The schedule below is tentative and subject to change. Please check for more up to date information.
1) Sept. 20: 9:45 a.m. to 10:45, Bldg. 145 Room 107 (South Base)
2) Sept. 26: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30, Bldg. 1600 Room 100
3) Sept. 26: 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., Bldg. 2204 (HAWC)
4) Sept. 27: 11 a.m. to noon, Bldg 2850 Room 25
Contact Edwards AFB’s CHPS Health Promotion Coordinator, Amber Schwall for more information about classes call (661) 277-3667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the HAWC Health Promotion Dietitian, Alice Cervelli at (661) 275-4292 or email@example.com.