Edwards has allowed, and continues to allow, non-military dependent students access to the installation for the sole purpose of traveling directly to and from school.
Non-military dependent students are not authorized to deviate from the most direct route to and from their school.
Non-military dependent children may travel to specific areas on Edwards AFB to participate in authorized activities. These activities include the following:
- Formal before-and-after-school program sponsored by the school.
- Formal before-and-after-school program sponsored by the 412th Force Support Squadron’s Youth Programs (includes Before/After School-Age Care, Youth Center and Teen Center programs and instructional activities), if the student is eligible and space is available.
- Staying at an on-base residence before-or-after school with the approval of the on-base sponsor 18 years of age or older. Note: Anyone providing care on a regular basis for any age child for 10 or more child care hours per week must be licensed by the Family Child Care Office.
- Volunteering on base with an organization or group.
- Working at an on-base job.
Waiting or loitering at the Base Exchange, Commissary, Shoppette, Burger King, Starbucks, or park before or after school hours are not valid options.
All persons, including youth, while on Edwards AFB are required to maintain good order and conduct. Any youth who have been found in violation of good order and conduct may be asked to leave or be escorted by a parent or guardian.
For more information or questions, call the Edwards school liaison officer, Christy McCoy at (661) 277-3210.