The 412th Test Wing and base tenants excelled during this recent Consolidated Unit Inspection, which lasted from Jan. 7 to 22.
This was the first major inspection just months after Air Force Materiel Command’s major reorganization, with kudos of congratulations and a job well done from the AFMC Inspector General.
The January inspection involved all of the 412th TW, the Air Force Test Center (in its first ever major inspection of any type), Air Force Research Lab Detachment 7 and Air Force Plant 42. It was an area-wide effort demanding the talent and dedication of thousands of airmen and Air Force civilians.
“Thank you all for all the great work that went into preparing for and successfully completing the CUI,” said Brig. Gen. Michael Brewer, 412th TW commander.
“Less than a year ago, we had two wings and were part of a 12-Center construct. Since October, we have successfully executed the most extensive reorganization this base has known since the Air Corps became an Air Force in 1947. This level of change could have easily generated a recipe for inspection failure. But it didn’t because of you! You proved to every inspector and yourselves Edwards has the “Right Stuff”. While there are some areas that can be improved, I know we will be successful in that endeavor as well. One more time, thank you for your hard work and your daily efforts that ensure our Air Force is the best equipped in the world!”
As with all things Air Force or military, all tasks take a team effort and generally more than one person to be a success. Here are those who earned special recognition by the AFMC IG.
412th Test Wing
The 412th Instrumentation Test Squadron won an overall Excellent in its Logistics Compliance Assessment Program inspection. LCAP excellence also went to the 412th Maintenance Squadron, 412th Maintenance Group, 912th Aircraft Maintenenace Squadron, 412th Aircraft Instrumentation Test Squadron while a solid rating of Outsanding went to the 412th Operations Group.
Wing Staff functions earning special mention were Manpower and Organization, Intelligence, Information Operations, Planning, Knowledge Operations, Personnel Reliability Program, wing Chaplains, Engineering and Technical Management.
412th TW Outastanding individual performers were:
- Juan Lopez, Sharon Cookson and Michael McCaw from the 412th Mission Support Group.
- Staff Sgt. Cameron T. Cochron, Staff Sgt. Diana D Jasso, Senior Airman Johnathan Cheadle , Senior Airman Kyle Kissel , Airman 1st Classes Kyle Averett, Nicholas Covello, Morris Grey, Stephanie Grebe, Levi Howell, Ashley Johnson, Jasmine McKinney, Jason Norman, Culham Otton, Ezekial Robinson, Ryan Tell, and Phillip McKaughan, all of the 412th Security Forces Squadron.
- Thomas Fitzgerald and James Gagnon from the 412th Electronic Warfare Group.
- Diana Joy Westfall, 772nd Test Squadron.
- Kenneth Hansing, 412th Range Squadron.
- 412th Communication laurels went to Ken Bartels, Deanna Collins, Donna Heaslip, Quinetta Randolph and James Littlefield.
- More maintainers of note were Senior Airmans Roman Felix and Dexter High. Civilians Paul Day, Jason Everetts, Frederick Smith, Cheryl Adamczyk, Thomas Becker, Michael Cordoza, Dianna Kassing, Margarette Keauoha, Rodney Kirsch, Brad Kizzer and Mathew Klund.
- More recognition falling on maintenance professionals went to Jacquelin Latinette, Nathan Martin, Larry Matts, Phong Nguyen, Scott Roethler, Kimberley Thomas, Terry Wamsley, Vernon Washington. NCOs earning kudos were Master Sgt. David LaValley, Tech. Sgts Glenn Guillermo and Jerrod Miller.
- Other Team Edwards members earning outstanding praise were Maj. Todd Abshire, Capt. Joshua Stoley, Staff Sgt. Jonathan Sogka, Matthew Bernhardt, Scott Carlto and Jessica Chao, Katrin Givens, Ivy Lovato, William Reddick, Phillip Remley, Robin Shanyfelt, Tech. Sgt. Michael Spradley and Tyler Culleton.
From 412th Civil Engineering were William Reddick, Phillip Remley, Robin Shanyfelt and Tech. Sgt. Michael Spradley. Airman 1st Class Tyler Culleton scored the IG coin while ‘Outstandings’ also went to Master Sgt. Gregory Baker and Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Zelkowski both from 412th OG. Catherine Clum, 812th Test Support Squadron, Kenneth 412 RANS, and Mr. Barry Luttrell from 412th OSS were Outstanding Performers as well.
Not only were individuals a focal point for gratitude but several teams on base won kudos from the AFMC inspectors.
Outstanding teams were:
- The Bomber Weapons Load Team: Tech. Sgt. Michael Coburn, Staff Sgt. Donald McGoldrick and Staff Sgt. Cory Griswold .
- Joint Strike Fighter Vehicle Control Officer Team: William Nello and Staff Sgts Jonathan Hirata and Steve Muro.
- The Maintenance Management Analysis Section Team: Danilo Dijamco, Cesar Ancheta, Thomas Becker, Oliver Cabiladas, Frianciso Cadacio, Mark Caldwell, John Holley, Stephen Shapiro, Karl Morgan and Thomas Gilk.
- From the 412 Maintenance Group: Terry Ayres, Marie Becerra, Michelle Chebahtah, Nathan Dixon, Lenard Harmon, Robert Haugen, Suzanne Helmig, David Ross, Marilyn Smith, Tech. Sgt. Terrence Flowers, Tech. Sgt. Anthohh Rosales and Tech. Sgt. Aaron Ross.
- MCT implementation Team of Capt. Joe Burgos, Senior Master Sgt. Adam Pawelek, Tech. Sgt. Brien Bogan and Senior Airman Roman Felis.
- The 412th Medical Group Unit Deployment Team: Capt. Allsion Bain and Senior Airman Cory Kamerschak.
- The 412th Security Forces Mobility Section: Staff Sgts John Borseth, Thomas Emrick, Kathryn Jackson, Andy Lansdowje and Kyle Roberage, along with Airman First Class Jennifer Ozuna.
- The two-man Raptor Unit Safety Team of Staff Sgt. Jake Passmore and Senior Airman Emily Miles also made the grade for an Outstanding Team.
- The 412th Security Forces Active Shooter Entry Team of Master Sgt. Nancy Gonzales, Tech. Sgts Charles Coles and Kenneth Van Winkle, and Staff Sgts David Clever and Nicholas Marvin.
- Jennifer Harless and Tammy Smeeks of the 412th Self-Assessment Program Team.
- The 412 Test Wing Training Managers James Bell, Patricia Benford , Mereditha Pratt, Peggy Schofield and Shona Wood. Also in the mix of excellence was the Base Records Management Team of Senior Airman John Duncan, Airman First Class Darren Marcus, James Kelleher and Mark De Luze.
More Outstanding teams were the 412th TW Bioenvironmental Engineering Flight of Lt. Col. Tiffany Morgan, Capt. Sherrod Brown, 1st Lt. Anh Pham, 2nd Lt. Jose Pagan, Master Sgt. Michelle Worff, Tech. Sgts Brandon Johnson, Brett Jnofinn, Erik Robbins, Halder Hernandez and Brody Anderson, Staff Sgts Israel Espinosa, Thomas Thompson, and Senior Airmen Andrew Travis, Canielle MacGreggor, Harold Tamondong, Richard Boutwell, Steven Laudicina, Tyler Baumann; and Airman First Classes Brittany Rice, Carresse Shakoor, Cyrus King, Dane Carder, Emily Regan, James Stowe, Oman Venegas-Montes and Jeanette Van Norden.
- The Aerial and Scissor Lift Management Team of Darrell Augusta, Larry Oribio and Pete Rivas, followed by the Tool Control and Accountability Team consisting of Tech. Sgts Juan Hernandez and Anthony Negrete.
- The Temporary Lodging Facility Transition Team of Randy Beckett, Aimee Buckless, Donnal Burkholder, Melody Couch, Sandra Davis, Nelson Enriquez, Judy Gaylor, Doug Harness, James Hart, Terry Helling, Alex Herrera, Connie Keeling, Jeremy Kidd, Rica Lynn, Wendy Malek , John Nichols, Aisha Purcell, Lesley Smith, Lea Stoebling, Larry Walthour and Jeanette White.
- Recognized Treaty Compliance Officers were Robert Hoover and Kassandra Pesek.
- The Emergency Control Center Team – HAZMAT Exercise of Staff Sgt. Anthony St. Denis, Amanda Fisher and Patrick Rowe were also recognized.
- Intelligence Analysis Team of Ted Cheney, David Foster, David Heuvelhorst and Jefferey Rosane were cited as Outstanding along with the Flight Test Center Museum Staff of Tony Moore, Lois Snyder and George Welsh.
Inspectors did not confine their attention to only the 412th TW as they also visited Plant 42 and AFTC and AFRL.
Outstanding performers at AFRL were Lisa Baker, Erik Weber, Ashley York, Barbara Hanson, Sara Betz, Joy Alich and Jacob Barnhill.
- AFRL’s Outstanding Team was the Chemical Laboratory Logistics Team of Jacob Marcischak, Terry Shannon, Amanda Wheaton and Brett Wight. Acquisition and Engineering and Technology Management both swept Excellent ratings.
- Air Force Test Center outstanding Performers were Cheryl Avon and Daniel Oakleaf. The Outstanding Team was the Quality Assurance Management Team of Steven Baca, Scott Dagg and Herbert Rhay Jr.