National Alcohol Awareness/Child Abuse Awareness Month
- April is National Alcohol Awareness/Child Abuse Awareness Month. The Mental Health Clinic and Family Advocacy Office have several activities scheduled:
- Informational Booth at the Exchange – April 10, 17 and 24.
- Story & Craft time at the Children’s Library April 5 to 19
- Youth Center Activity April 10 from 7:30 – Alcohol Awareness/ Child Abuse Awareness Month Run/Walk at the HAWC (wear your favorite basketball team’s colors)
- National Alcohol Screening Day, inquiries referred to online screening April 11, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- April 18, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Ground Safety’s Drunk Goggles demonstration, location to be determined
- April 26, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Informational Booth in front of the Shoppette
For more information and resources, contact the Mental Health Flight (ADAPT or Family Advocacy) at (661) 277-5291/5292.
2013 Military Retiree Appreciation Day at Edwards
To all military retirees – come out and learn about the programs that affect you and receive some services during your visit. This year’s Military Retiree Appreciation Day is 8 a.m.-noon, May 4, at the Oasis Community Center. Services provided for retirees include:
- Legal Services
- Pharmacy (Limited)
- Defense Financial and Accounting System (DFAS)
- Retiree Activity Office Program Updates
- ID Card Services
- Commissary Warehouse Sale
- Door Prizes/give-aways/refreshments
For more information, contact the Retiree Activity Office at (661) 277-4931; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After more than 28 years of Federal Civilian Service, Roberta J. Rundle is retiring effective April 19. In honor of Rundle’s many years of accomplishments, the 412th Electronic Warfare Group will be hosting a retirement ceremony and reception 2 p.m., April 16 at in Bldg. 1030, Conference Room G-08. If you would like to join us in Rundle’s celebration and need access to the EWG complex, send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make arrangements with the Security Office.
For more information, contact Anita at (661) 275-2367 or Tracey at (661) 277-1682.
New base guides now available
New base guides are now available through the Edwards Air Force Base Graphics department. Only unit or squadron representatives may pick up base guides on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays between 1 and 3 p.m. at Bldg. 1405, Room 300. Quantities are limited.
Clarification about fundraising events
All private organizations wishing to conduct fundraising events during Air Force Assistance Fund campaign must route their requests through the 412th Force Support Squadron, be reviewed by the Judge Advocate and then approved by the installation commander before the event can occur. As a reminder, the Air Force Assistance Fund campaign for Edwards runs March 25 through May 3.
If you have any questions regarding fundraisers, contact the 412th FSS PO Monitor, Andrea Osteroos, at (661) 277-7840.
T-Ball coaches needed
T-ball coaches are needed for five- and six-year olds. Contact the Youth Center Sports Office by April 12. Season runs until early June.
To sign up, call (661) 277-8961.
April Tehachapi Relay for Life team captain’s meeting
Teams are now forming for the 2013 Tehachapi Relay For Life on July 13 and 14. Teams from Edwards Air Force Base are already beginning to plan and raise funds for cancer research and patient services. The next meeting for team captains will be held April 11 at the Carden School Auditorium in Tehachapi, Calif. Team captains open will begin at 5 p.m., regular meeting will begin at 6 p.m. The time is now to form a team. For more information, contact Tracy Lankin, team captain chair, at (661) 805-5210.