Air Force officials announced the service’s top enlisted members, naming the 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year for 2013.
An Air Force selection board at the Air Force Personnel Center considered 36 nominees who represented major commands; direct reporting units, field operating agencies and Headquarters Air Force. The board selected 12 Airmen based on superior leadership, job performance and personal achievements.
Twelve Outstanding Airmen of the Year (by command of assignment when selected):
- Senior Airman Casey L. Anderson, Air Education and Training Command
- Master Sgt. Andre S. Davis, Air National Guard
- Senior Airman Lauren A. Everett, U.S. Air Forces in Europe
- Master Sgt. Tessa M. Fontaine, Air Force Space Command
- Tech. Sgt. Adam L. Gomez, Air Force District of Washington
- Staff Sgt. Joshua L. Hanna, Pacific Air Forces
- Senior Airman Steven C. Hedgepeth, Air Force Materiel Command
- Master Sgt. Shawn J. Jones, Air Force Reserve Command
- Tech. Sgt. Celeste C. Okokon, Air Combat Command
- Tech. Sgt. Jason D. Payne, Air Force Special Operations Command
- Senior Master Sgt. Ernesto J. Rendon, Air Mobility Command
- Senior Airman Joseph C. Senteno, Air Force Global Strike Command
The winners are authorized to wear the Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon with the bronze service star device on the ribbon. They are also authorized to wear the Outstanding Airman of the Year Badge for one year from the date of formal presentation.
The Air Force Association will honor the 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year in September during its Air and Space Conference and Technology Exposition in Washington, D.C.
For more information on Air Force recognition programs, visit the myPers Web site at https://mypers.af.mil.amn