Edwards AFB will be collecting donations for the Philippines Typhoon relief effort until Dec. 16. The main collection point will be at the Higher Grounds Café in Bldg. 2511 between the times of 2-7 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Donation boxes will also be staged around base.
The type of items needed are non-perishable items that do not need water for preparation. No liquids preferred.
* Baby wipes
* Canned meats, Vienna sausages, corned beef, Spam, chicken, tuna, sardines
* Canned soups/chili
* Toiletries like toothbrushes, toothpaste, bar soap
* Instant coffee, creamer, powdered milk
* Medicines, vitamins, bandages, tape, bacitracin
* Clothing items (think tropical) – no winter clothes/items please. Clothing and shoes that are in good shape/new underwear and socks preferred
Currently, the Edwards Top 3, Edwards High Desert Asian Pacific Islander Association and the Edwards AFB Dorm Council are involved and welcome all other organizations that are interested. There will also be more volunteer opportunities for sorting and boxing of items received.
If you are, or know of, an organization that would like to participate in these efforts, contact one of the points of contact below either by phone or e-mail (via the Global Address List). We also welcome any non-organization volunteers to lend a hand.
POC’s for the Edwards AFB Typhoon Relief Effort are:
Tech. Sgt. Shane Kemper at (661) 275-4677
Staff Sgt. Timothy O’Connor at (661) 275-6265
Staff Sgt. Sandra Morrow at (661) 277-3988