Spring Into Shape is a command-wide initiative on how to safely lose weight and be physically active.
Participants will receive a FREE copy of the Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Weight Loss DVD at the official weigh-in. Civilian Health Promotion Services will conduct the challenge.
How to Participate in Spring Into Shape:
- Enroll online at AFMCwellness.com between March 24 and April 11 (appropriated fund Department of Defense civilians need to have completed the online Health Risk Assessment when they enroll).
- Complete an official weigh-in by CHPS staff between April 2 and April 11, and receive your free Mayo Clinic weight loss DVD (while supplies last).
- Perform 540 minutes (9 hours) of physical activity and log results on your AFMCwellness.com account between April 14 and May 27.
- Get weighed-out by CHPS staff between May 28 and June 6.
- To be eligible for the completion award, participants need to:
- log 540 minutes (9 hours) of physical activity at AFMCwellness.com
- Lose 2 percent of their beginning weight
- Beginning weight 200 pounds
- 2 percent of 200 pounds (.02 x 200) = 4 pounds
Participants that complete the Spring Into Shape challenge requirements will receive a FREE copy of the CalorieKingÆ Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter book, 2014 edition. Contact your physician before beginning any physical activity program to be sure it is safe.
For more information, visit www.afmcwellness.com or contact your local CHPS team.