Salutes & Awards

May 17, 2012

Fort Huachuca Flower Shop wins top quality awards for Arizona

Tags:
By Liz York, Mountain View News and Joan Vasey, Scout Editor

From left, Debra Everding and Sonja Beatty arrange flowers at the Fort Huachuca Flower Shop Tuesday. BloomNet, a floral industry’s wire service provider, has recognized the Fort Huachuca Flower Shop twice for superior quality floral products and excellence in customer service for the state of Arizona for customer service involving orders prepared during the Valentine’s and Mother’s Day ordering periods.

One of what is considered one of the floral industry’s leading wire service providers, BloomNet, has recognized the Fort Huachuca Flower Shop twice for superior quality floral products and excellence in customer service for the state of Arizona for orders prepared during the Valentine’s and Mother’s Day ordering periods. During the Valentine’s Day period, the floral shop processed 400 orders. There were only two customer complaints. During the Mother’s Day timeframe, employees prepared close to 180 orders, with only two complaints.

According to Delayne Whorley, Fort Huachuca Flower Shop owner, “We are honored to be named by BloomNet as a florist totally committed to quality in everything we do. Providing the freshest and most beautiful hand-designed floral arrangements and making sure each and every customer is 100-percent satisfied is our passion. Being recognized with this prestigious award underscores that passion.”

The BloomNet Florist Quality Care Program is monitored by florists, and includes stringent quality and performance standards that must be continuously maintained in order to be considered for award recognition. Criteria includes using the highest quality fresh flowers; employing well-trained and skilled-design sales personnel; providing the highest levels of service and responsiveness to customers; and always striving to ensure that outgoing and incoming wire orders are filled to the complete satisfaction of each customer.

“Perhaps nothing else can convey the kind of emotion and caring personal feelings that flowers can,” continued Whorley.

The owner explained that the complaints originated from customers whose flower arrangements spoiled from being left outside too long.

“Most of the time, we won’t leave flowers in the yards because it’s too warm here,” Whorley explained, adding the complaints have been alleviated.

Floral shop personnel were informed about the second award earlier this week.

“Everyone at the Fort Huachuca Flower Shop considers it a privilege to serve our customers, to satisfy their floral needs with the finest arrangements and work closely with them to help touch the hearts of special people in their lives. To be recognized by BloomNet as a local florist who does all of that exceptionally well is very rewarding.”

Whorley explained that their staff of six has a main concern — to help Soldiers and their families.

“We try to go the extra mile,” she said. “Soldiers and their families are usually very far from home. Sometimes we give them extra flowers because some of them can’t afford a lot.”

On average, the shop processes 10 delivery orders a day with about 10 in-store sales, so the two special days are among their busier times of year.

The Fort Huachuca Flower Shop serves Sierra Vista and the general public as well as the military. It is located just inside the main door to the Post Exchange. It is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.

U.S. Army IMCOM photo by Amanda S. Rodriguez

Civilian mentor program shapes Army installation management’s future

U.S. Army IMCOM photo by Amanda S. Rodriguez U.S. Army Installation Management Command mentors and mentees work on teambuilding skills, building a block tower in total silience, during the IMCOM Headquarters Centralized Mentori...

DoD

DFAS reminds DoD employees to review tax withholdings

The Defense Finance and Accounting Service gave U.S. Department of Defense employees a friendly reminder to review withholdings from their paycheck, in an email last week. If a large tax refund was received or you owed a large amount in taxes during the recent tax season, you may need to look over your federal and...

Odierno: Information, instability travel at similar speeds

ASPEN, Colo. – As the world has become more interconnected and information travels faster than ever before, it also has become more unpredictable and dangerous, Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno said here last night. “People now understand more about what other people might have, what they might want, how much control they want...

Gabrielle Kuholski

Post children attend Vacation Bible School week

Gabrielle Kuholski Pictured with the microphone, Colleen Sherod, 20, Vacation Bible School volunteer, emcees a review of the week’s religious lessons as VBS students hold up posters of their “Bible buddies.” The activity ...

Maranda Flynn

Seifert School-Age Center offers fun for kids, piece-of-mind for parents

Maranda Flynn Selene Ferro, 9, Jaliah Eldridge, 7, and Malachi Bergstrom, 7, build a puzzle train city in the creative play area of the first through third grade room at the Seifert School-Age Center. Creative play allows child...

Coronado National Forest fire crew assists with Oregon firefighting efforts

TUCSON, Ariz. – An initial attack firefighting crew from the Coronado National Forest has been assigned to firefighting duties on the Logging Unit Fires north of Warm Springs, Oregon. Coronado Crew 5 was ordered as a firefighting resource on July 16, 2014. The crew departed July 17, arriving at the fires on July 18. Crew...

0 Comments

Be the first to comment!