Air Force Association officials named the 2012 National Aerospace and Specialty Award winners during the Annual Air and Space Conference and Technology Exposition in Washington D.C. last month, said Air Force Personnel Center officials.
The specific categories and winners are as follows:
David C. Schilling Award for the most outstanding contribution to national defense in the field of manned flight in the atmosphere or space: The Advanced Extremely High Frequency Satellite Rescue Team, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
Theodore Von Karman Award for the most outstanding contribution to national defense in the field of science and engineering: 24th Air Force, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas.
Citation of Honor for the most outstanding contribution to the development of aerospace power for the betterment of mankind by an Air Force military member, Department of the Air Force civilian, unit or group of individuals:
- Gen. Gary L. North, Pacific Air Forces, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
- 55th Electronic Combat Group, Air Combat Command, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
- 352nd Special Operations Group, AF Special Operations Command, Royal Air Force Station Mildenhall, U.K.
- 94th Intelligence Squadron, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
- 747th Communications Squadron, Pacific Air Forces, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
For more information on Air Force recognition program and other personnel issues, visit the myPers website at https://mypers.af.mil.