Due to the upcoming Department of Defense-wide furlough, the hours at many Los Angeles AFB facilities will change.
The closures are set to begin the week of July 8 in conjunction with the start of the civilian employee furlough. Under the furlough, civilian employees will be off work for up to 11 unpaid days between July and the end of September.
The following facilities will be closed every Friday:
* The Club
- Fort MacArthur Medical Clinic
- CAC/ ID Card Office
- LAAFB and Fort Mac Fitness Centers
- Youth Service Programs
- SFS Pass and Registration
- LAAFB Visitor Control Center
- The Aviation Blvd. Gate
- SFS Visitor Desk
- Housing Office
- Education Office
- Airmen and Family Readiness Center
- Base Testing Center
- Conference Services
- Blackberry and LMR Service Center
Previously, it was announced that the LAAFB Commissary will be closed on Tuesdays in addition to the store’s regular Monday closure. Besides the Friday closures, the fitness centers here and on Fort Mac will be closed every Saturday and Sunday.
The following facilities will have reduced hours due to the furlough:
- Child Development Center, 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday; open to the children of single military, dual military and deployed member parents only on Fridays
- El Segundo Fitness Center, 6 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday
- Fort Mac Fitness Center, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday
- Mail Room, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Fridays only.
Hours at the El Segundo Clinic, Base Exchange, Fort Mac swimming pool and Youth Center’s School Age programs will remain unchanged.
Due to the Independence Day holiday, all here offices will be closed July 4 and many offices will be closed July 5 for the family day. Please call ahead to ensure a specific office will be open on the family day.