425th FS change of command
Lt. Col. Michael Dean, 425th Fighter Squadron commander, will relinquish command to Lt. Col. Kevin Cruikshank, at 8Â a.m. today in Hangar 840.
The Luke Air Force Base Chapel is hosting a Marriage Matters Enrichment seminar 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today in the Chapel on the Mall. Guest speakers will address topics of setting a vision for marriage, desires vs. expectations, developing core values and more. For more information or to sign up, e-mail Chaplain (Capt.) Carlos Brito at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Household goods pickups
The personal property shipping office in Colorado Springs needs a minimum of three weeksâ€™ notice for pickup of all shipments. For shipments requiring pack or pickup inside the three-week window, the member will need to provide an emergency impact statement as to why the shipment needs to be picked up inside the three-week window. Alternate dates must be provided to the Traffic Management Office. Members not available on the alternate dates will need to appoint a releasing agent. In the case of a permanent change-of-station this summer, members are encouraged to be proactive to ensure orders are cut in time to meet this requirement. For more information, call TMO at (623) 856-6424.
Air Force housing website
The Air Force has launched a housing website www.housing.af.mil that provides information on accompanied and unaccompanied housing available at Air Force installations worldwide. This website provides information about privatized and unaccompanied housing as well community housing, schools, local weather and other useful information to help Airmen, accompanied and unaccompanied, make a smooth transition to a new duty location.
There will be a POW panel at the base theater 3 to 5 p.m. May 18. A panel of six to nine former POWs will talk about their experiences and take questions from the audience. The event is open to all Defense Department identification card holders.
Troops to Teachers seminar
A Troops to Teachers seminar is 10 to 11:30 a.m. May 16 at the Airman and Family Readiness Center. One-on-one counseling is available by appointment only noon to 3 p.m. To R.S.V.P. or for more information, call (800) 830-2134.
APAH Month activities
May is Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month. The committee is featuring the following events:
May 1â€“30: Library static display at the Luke Air Force Base Library.
May 18: Taste of Asia, hosted by the 425th Fighter Squadron, POC is ME3 Loke.
May 23: APAH luncheon with dancers and guest speaker, POC is Gabriel Groves and Capt. Heidi Mudzimurema.
Date TBA: Jujitsu and an origami project at the youth center, POC is 1st Lt. Charles Glover and Tech. Sgt. Robert Principato.
The 56th Fighter Wing staff agencies Unit Advisory Council invites Luke members to First Friday at 3:30 p.m. today at Club Five Six for free food and information on the UACâ€™s plans for the year.
May Fitness Month events
The following events are featured by the 56th Force Support Squadron Bryant Fitness Center for May Fitness Month:
- Half marathon 5:30 a.m. sign-in, 6 a.m. race May 5 at the Bryant Fitness Center.
- 3-on-3 sand volleyball tournament 5:30 to 9:15 p.m. May 10, $10 entry fee.
- Aerobathon 8:30 a.m. sign-in, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. aerobathon May 12 at Bldg. 700 in the aerobics room.
- 5k Family Fun Run 6:30 a.m. May 12 at Bldg. 988.
- 9-pin, no-tap bowling tournament 6 to 9Â p.m. May 15 at the Thunderbolt Lanes, $16 per four-member team.
- Powerlifting competition 9 to 9:45 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. start May 18 at the Combat PT Center.
- Fight night boxing 6 p.m. doors open, 7Â p.m. start May 19 at the Bryant Fitness Center gym, $10 general admission, $20 ringside.
- Fit-2-Fight Throw Down 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 23 at the Warrior Training Center.
- May Fitness Month awards ceremony 11Â a.m. May 31 at the Bryant Fitness Center.
National Police Week is May 14 through 18 at Luke Air Force Base. The events include:
- Police department demonstration 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 14 in the commissary parking lot. For more information, call (623) 856-9576.
- Childrenâ€™s safety awareness 9:30 to 11Â a.m. at the child development center and 2 to 4 p.m. at the youth center May 14. For more information, call (623) 856-6838.
- Car wash 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 15 at the base theater. For more information, call (623) 856-6322.
- Refuse to Be a Victim seminar 10 a.m. to noon in the Bryant Fitness Center gym. For more information, call (623) 856-6944.
- 37th anniversary SS Mayaguez Retreat ceremony 4:30 to 5 p.m. May 17 at the base flag pole. For more information, call (623) 856-9578.
- National Police Week golf tournament 7:30 shotgun start May 18 at Falcon Dunes Golf Course. For more information, call (623) 856-6186.
Switchboard operator service
Live operators are currently available 3Â a.m. to 11 p.m. In the future, hours will be reduced further. By Aug. 1, directory assistance and base locator services will no longer be available. To view the quick reference list, go to luke.af.mil.
The thrift shop is open 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for consignments and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for sales Wednesday and Friday. The shop will no longer be open the first Saturday of each month. The shop accepts clothing, household goods, furniture, etc. For more information, or a list of items not currently being accepted due to overstock, or before bringing large items, call (623) 935-5782 during regular hours.
North Gate hours
North Gate is open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed on weekends. Kachina Gate is closed until further notice.
Notice to claimants
In accordance with Air Force Instruction 34-511, paragraph 3.1.5, notice is hereby given that Staff Sgt. Justin Miller is deceased. The undersigned has been appointed summary court officer for the purpose of estate settlement in accordance with AFI 34-511. All persons having claims for or against the estate should call Capt. Aubrie Jones, summary court officer, at (623) 856-3216 or e-mail email@example.com.