Fallen Airman Memorial today
A memorial ceremony for Senior Airman Kenneth M. Lee Jr. is scheduled for 1 p.m. today at the chapel, building 799. The ceremony is open to the base community. Lee was a munitions maintenance crew member with the 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron on Luke Air Force Base. He joined the Air Force in January 2008 and was from San Antonio. Lee passed away in a car accident May 12.
Luke Automated Switchboard Service
An automated system is currently in place to posture Luke for the termination of live switchboard services. When callers dial (623) 856-1110, 896-1110, or 0, they will be introduced to the automated service. A list of â€œQuick Referenceâ€ phone numbers and instructions on obtaining PINs for morale, Hearts Apart, and official calls may be found at www.luke.af.mil by clicking on the Telephone Services icon. Please contact Telephone Services at (623) 856-7299 for questions.
309th FS change of command
Lt. Col. Daniel Lasica, 309th Fighter Squadron commander, will relinquish command to Lt. Col. Stephane Wolfgeher, 56th Operations Support Squadron director of operations, at 8 a.m. Thursday in Hangar 913.
There will be a POW panel at the base theater 3 to 5 p.m. today. A panel of six to nine former POWs will talk about their experiences and take questions from the audience. The event is open to all Defense Department identification card holders.
APAH Month activities
May is Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month. The committee is featuring the following events:
- May 1 to 30: Library static display at the Luke Air Force Base Library.
- May 18: Taste of Asia at the base chapel, hosted by the 425th Fighter Squadron, POC is ME3 Choon Peng Loke.
- May 23: APAH luncheon with dancers and guest speaker, POCs are Staff Sgt. Diaz and Staff Sgt. Johnson.
- May 31: Jujitsu performance and cultural dances at base exchange, POC is Staff Sgt. Saenz.
May Fitness Month events
- The following events are featured by the 56th Force Support Squadron Bryant Fitness Center for May Fitness Month:
- Powerlifting competition 9 to 9:45 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. start today at the Combat PT Center.
- Fight night boxing 6 p.m. doors open, 7Â p.m. start Saturday at the Bryant Fitness Center gym, $10 general admission, $20 ringside.
- Fit-2-Fight Throw Down 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 23 at the Warrior Training Center.
- May Fitness Month awards ceremony 11Â a.m. May 31 at the Bryant Fitness Center.
New hours for military clothing store
Military Clothing Sales will have new operational hours beginning May 29. The store will be open Monday through Friday 9Â a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 4Â p.m. and closed on Sunday.
HAWC watermelon eating contest
The Health and Wellness Center will be sponsoring a watermelon eating contest 10 a.m. June 1 at Building 700, following the Warrior PT Challenge. There are only 20 slots available including 10 male slots and 10 female slots. To sign up, call Aaron Anderson at (623) 856-3778.
Notice to claimants
In accordance with Air Force Instruction 34-511, paragraph 3.1.5, notice is hereby given that SrA Kenneth Lee, Jr. is deceased. The undersigned has been appointed summary court officer for the purpose of estate settlement in accordance with AFI 34-511. All persons having claims for or against the estate should call Capt. Thomas Ashman, summary court officer, at (623) 856-8349 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.