FORT LEE, Va. — Commissary shoppers have ample ways to stretch their normal 30 percent or more savings this holiday season thanks to special store promotions, giveaways, coupon offers and other discounts.
“Our industry partners are offering greater savings through the use of high-value coupon booklets and special turkey offers,” said Chris Burns, DeCA sales director. “They’re also offering theme promotions recognizing military veterans that save customers and fellow vets even more when it’s needed most.”
Throughout November, DeCA’s industry partners — vendors, suppliers and brokers — are collaborating with commissaries to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers are asked to check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions which end Nov. 28:
• The second annual “Turkey Perfection” promotion. Customers, receive a 32-page coupon booklet valued at more than $40. Using a coupon from the booklet, customers receive cash off the purchase of any whole fresh or frozen turkey.
• “The Family Unit.” Procter & Gamble has partnered with the USO to raise funds for “The Family Unit,” a place where wounded warriors can recover, spend quality time with family members and prepare to transition back into the community.
• “Good Food Good Life” program. The program provides shoppers with the Nestle “Big Book of Commissary Savings” coupon booklet, which includes a wide array of holiday-related coupon offers, meal ideas, recipes and cooking tips.
• “Holiday heroes.” Quaker and Tropicana will offer holiday-bundling coupons focusing on family meals. This promotion supports the “For the Troops Foundation,” an all-volunteer nonprofit organization that provides care packages to U.S. service members in Afghanistan.
• “Operation appreciation.” Unilever will offer savings on 15 top-selling brands. Up to $25,000 of the proceeds from the sales of Unilever’s participating brands with redeemable coupons from either the “Operation Appreciation” coupon booklet or the Commissary Rewards Card will support members of the armed forces.
• “Believe in Heroes!” Commissaries will receive 500,000 coupon flyers, containing high-value coupons for commissary shoppers. Most participating brands will provide donations to the “Wounded Warrior Project” foundation.
• “Special wounded warriors’ donation program.” Commissary shoppers will see military-only coupons and a national Wounded Warrior ad/flyer from Sun Products directing shoppers to a website for more coupons. Sun Products is donating a portion of the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project.