February is American Heart Month with the mission to increase awareness about heart health. Everyday things people can do to increase daily heart-healthy activity:
- Park further away when visiting the commissary and walk
- For those sitting at desks, standing for periods of time can increase blood flow, burn calories and assist with energy balance
- Take the stairs when possible
- Take a walk during down times
- Exercise for 30 minutes three times per week
For more information regarding heart health, visit the Air Force Medical Service website, www.afms.af.mil.