SAAM-Standalone
0
comments
Events

Take a stand

Posted April 18, 2014 by Staff Sgt. Timothy Boyer

April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Take a stand against sexual assault by signing up for the Walk a Mile in their Shoes campaign. The sign-up table can be found at the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response office at the west entrance of Bldg. 1150. The boots pictured were decorated by Airman 1st Class Britney…

Full Story »

Pg-23--Memorial-Day-Murph--120528-F-EC705-048
0
comments
Events

Memorial Day Murph

Posted June 1, 2012 by Airman 1st Class Devante Williams

Kris Lacson, 56th Force Support Squadron, performs pushups during the Memorial Day Murph at the Luke Air Force Base track May 28. Each participant did 100 pullups, 200 pushups and 300 squats.

Full Story »

0
comments
Events

In Brief – September 28, 2012

Posted September 28, 2012 by

Commander’s calls Brig. Gen. Michael Rothstein, 56th Fighter Wing commander, will hold commander’s calls at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. today in the Bryant Fitness Center gym. Small business briefing A small business administration briefing is 1 p.m. Oct. 5 at the Luke Air Force Base Airman and Family Readiness Center, Bldg. 1113. For more…

Full Story »

Pg-4-Viking-Challenge-photo---Hatch
0
comments
Events

Running for Airmen

Posted April 12, 2013 by

Staff Sgt. C.J. Hatch Members of Luke Air Force Base begin the Viking Challenge April 5 at the Bryant Fitness Center track. The 3rd Annual Viking Challenge is a 10-hour 10-person running relay event hosted by the Logistics Officers Association to raise money for the LOA Airman’s Education Scholarship fund.

Full Story »

131209-F-TZ771-050
0
comments
Events

Luke gets thunderstruck during Marine combative course

Posted December 13, 2013 by Staff Sgt. NESTOR CRUZ

Bulk Fuel Company C Marines are giving Luke Air Force Base Airmen a taste of Marine life through a two-week combative course which began Monday and will go to Dec. 20 at the Luke Warrior Fitness Center.

Full Story »

Pg-3
0
comments
Events

Honorary commanders bid farewell

Posted September 26, 2014 by Staff Sgt. TIMOTHY BOYER

The United States military is made up of less than 1 percent of the total population, and for most of the other 99 percent, understanding the inner workings of military operations and training is not an option.

Full Story »

Photos by Senior Airman Sandra Welch
0
comments
Events

Viking Challenge raises heart rate, money

Posted March 31, 2012 by Photos by Senior Airman Sandra Welch

Viking Challenge participants run a final lap together as a team to end the 10-hour challenge. Twenty teams participated in the annual challenge raising more than $5,500 for the the enlisted scholarship fund. The 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron team completed 89 miles and won the challenge. Jennifer Shonkwiler, wife of Tech. Sgt. Jeremy Shonkwiler, 309th…

Full Story »

change-of-command
0
comments
Events

New 310th FS leader

Posted June 22, 2012 by Airman 1st Class Devante Williams

Lt. Col. John Wheeler, 310th Fighter Squadron commander, speaks during a change-of-command ceremony June 15. Wheeler assumed command from Lt. Col. Todd Murphey.

Full Story »

0
comments
Events

In Brief – November 30, 2012

Posted November 30, 2012 by

AETC base-wide exercise The 56th Fighter Wing will conduct an active-shooter exercise Wednesday and Thursday. All of Luke Air Force Base personnel, including all civilians and retirees who are on base for appointments/shopping, will play in this exercise. This will include being unable to leave the base and hunkering down under tables for up to…

Full Story »

0
comments
Events

In Brief – May 17, 2013

Posted May 17, 2013 by

756th AMXS COC Lt. Col. James Upchurch will relinquish command of the 756th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron to Lt. Col. Dominick Martin in a change-of-command ceremony at 8 a.m. Thursday in Hangar 913. Clothing Drive The 56th Fighter Wing Chapel is hosting a clothing drive through Wednesday to help provide Veteran’s clothes suitable for business casual…

Full Story »


All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.