Local

December 21, 2012

Norco Navy base requests proposals for food service concession


NORCO, Calif. – The Navy is requesting proposals to establish and operate a food service concession to serve some 1,400 Sailors, Navy civilians and support contractors working at Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach Detachment Norco, home of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona Division. The Naval Exchange Service Command, administering the proposal, says the on-base concession has the potential to generate up to $300,000 in annual sales.

Naval installation director Anthony Winicki said the request for proposals is in response to employee surveys asking for more variety than what has been offered in vending machines at the base canteen, adding it will complement local restaurants in the community where employees frequently visit.

Capt. Eric Ver Hage, NSWC Corona commanding officer, said he welcomes having an onsite food provider available to his 1,400 personnel.

“Having a food concession onsite allows my employees more options and greater convenience when they’re not able to leave the base,” said Ver Hage. “Most go to their favorite restaurants in the local community and will continue to do so. But, we’re hoping this will bring a popular local vendor to them here, so when they are on tight schedules or when they didn’t have a chance to bring something from home, they’ll be able to get something really good right here on base.”

The base has two possible sites at the former 1930s luxury resort and World War II Naval hospital that can be renovated for the food facility. The smallest is the existing canteen, a 475-square-foot area, and the other is 1,200 square foot area inside the larger auditorium building, where legendary USO entertainer Bob Hope frequently visited to support patients recovering at the hospital. The contractor is responsible for any renovation costs and furnishings.

The request for proposal can be obtained by contacting Navy Exchange Service Command and requesting the document for NNA 250-12-R-0077. Information may be obtained by contacting Heather Reynolds at 757-631-3589 or heather.reynolds@nexweb.org. Deadline for submitting the RFP is Jan. 14, 2013.




All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.


 
 

 
U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Russell S. McMillan

Commander shows off Team March at Capitol Hill

U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Russell S. McMillan (From left to right) U.S. Rep. Mark Takano, who represents the 41st District of California, and Julia Steinberger, senior legislative assistant to Takano’s office, discus...
 
 
U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Megan Crusher

Yellow Ribbon program supports Airman inspired by family history

U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Megan Crusher Almira Pasic and her youngest son, Memsudin, participate in an activity during the Warrior Support Forum, at a Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program, held in Chandler, Ariz., July 26...
 
 
Courtesy photo

Through the glass: Veteran remembers his past

Courtesy photo Retired Lt. Col. Bruce Sooy receives a demonstration flight at Nut Tree Airport, Calif., July 2015. It had been 56 years since he had last flown an aircraft. (This feature is part of the “Through Airmen’s Eye...
 

 
Brigade3

News from the 304th Sustainment Brigade’s Facebook page

Army Reserve Pvt. 2nd Class Kiet Duong, a culinary specialist with the 387th, sifts flour through a sieve during the competition. Duong, a Garden Grove, Calif., native, used the flour in the baked wheat rolls and Boston cream c...
 
 
Courtesy photo of Marine Maj. Bridget Guerrero (ret.)

Marine vet honors fallen female troops with 160-mile run

Courtesy photo of Marine Maj. Bridget Guerrero (ret.) Marine Maj. Bridget Guerrero (ret.) ran 160 miles around the Puget Sound in Washington from July 23-26, 2015. Each mile represented a female service member who lost her life...
 
 
150725-F-RK887-023

Swarz assumes command of 452nd Security Forces Squadron

The 452nd Security Forces Squadron held an Assumption of Command ceremony at the Cultural Resource Center here on Saturday, July 25, 2015. During the ceremony Lt. Col. Arthur J. Rodi, deputy commander, 452nd Mission Support Gro...
 




0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>