It is tax season again and the March Air Reserve Base Volunteer Income Tax Assistance center is open for business. If you have a military ID card that allows you access to base, then you are eligible for this tax service — associates will prepare tax returns and electronically file them, FREE of charge.
The March VITA Center is open for business Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and every Unit Training Assembly weekend during the same times. The Tax Center is located in Bldg. 41, adjacent to Outdoor Recreation.
To ensure your tax preparation goes smoothly, please bring the following applicable information:
- All W-2 and 1099 forms
- Information about other income and for all deductions/credits (total paid to daycare provider and their tax ID number)
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Proof of account for direct deposit for your refund (i.e. voided checks)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification notices/cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Picture identification of you and your spouse (proof of foreign status for ITIN; If married, filing jointly, both spouses must be present)
The VITA center is able to prepare 1040EZ, 1040A and 1040 and Schedules A, B, D, C-EZ, EIC, R and SE.
For more information, please visit or call the tax center at 951-655-3659.