This year’s Military Saves Week begins 24 February and concludes 1 March. It is a great opportunity for service members and their families to insure financial readiness through incentivized savings accounts and available services at financial institutions, as well as the resources provided through the Military Saves Campaign.
Military Saves is a social marketing campaign to persuade, motivate and encourage military families to save money every month and to convince leaders to be aggressive in promoting automatic savings. It is a part of the Defense Department’s Financial Readiness Campaign and has been a partner with DOD since 2003.
Listed below are some of the offers, incentives and activities that financial institutions will present to service members during Military Saves Week:
1. Special promotional rates with saving deposits to stimulate increased, new, and automatic savings;
2. $100 credit to anyone who opens an IRA account, and to anyone who rolls-over an account.
3. Member referral offer: Receive $25 for getting a new member to sign up; the new member also will receive $25.
4. Webinars and presentations on financial literacy and savings
5. Coordinate with financial readiness liaison at your installation to get a signed Commander’s Proclamation supporting Military Saves Week.
6. Sponsor webinars, presentations, and financial workshops focused on reducing debt and building wealth.
For more information or to find out how service members, DOD civilians and their family members can take the Military Saves Pledge, visit www.militarysaves.org.
(NOTE: Information compiled from the Military Saves Campaign website)