March Air Reserve Base offers the Home Community Care (HCC) Program to the Air Force Reserve (AFR) and the Air National Guard (ANG) members during the primary Unit Training Assembly (UTA) drill weekends. March has four HCC program providers who are state licensed child care providers. Care may also be requested to use during a rescheduled UTA if the provider has available slots. Providers are available for child care requests during the hours of 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. This program enables families to obtain high-quality child care, located near the installation, at no cost to the service members. March ARB has four child care providers within 10 miles of the base.
Who is eligible for the HCC Program?
• At least one parent/guardian is in the AFR or ANG member
• There is not another adult in the child’s home who could provide care
• Spouses must be scheduled to work
• Care should only be scheduled during the work hours
• It is the supervisor’s responsibility to ensure the family’s eligibility
• Children from two-weeks-old to 12 years of age
Go online to www.marchfss.com and download the child care applicable forms.
The application process consists of:
• Enrollment information which is submitted to the Installation Coordinator, Debra McCoy.
• The expanded care form (ECC) completed and approved by a supervisor (a separate form is required each time you use the program and maybe submitted for up to three months at time)
• Reservation requests must be submitted the Tuesday before the UTA
• A completed copy of the child care application forms for each child along with their immunization records which is given directly to the assigned Provider.
Reservations must be made in advance through the Services Administration Office. The primary Installation Coordinator is Debra McCoy, contact phone number is (951) 655-3507 or email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservation requests are placed in the order of which they are received. Requests for specific provider placements will be considered but due to extenuating circumstances may not always be possible.
For further information on other child care programs and help with locating and paying for child care, visit the National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) website at www.naccrra.org.