What is VR&E VetSuccess program?
- The VetSuccess program assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, VetSuccess offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
Services that may be provided by the VR&E VetSuccess Program include:
- Comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills, and interests for employment
- Vocational counseling and rehabilitation planning for employment services
- Employment services such as job-training, job-seeking skills, resume development, and other work readiness assistance
- Assistance finding and keeping a job, including the use of special employer incentives and job accommodations
- On the Job Training (OJT), apprenticeships, and non-paid work experiences
- Post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school
- Supportive rehabilitation services including case management, counseling, and medical referrals
- Independent living services for veterans unable to work due to the severity of their disabilities.
Who is Eligible for VR&E VetSuccess Services?
- Active Duty Service Members are eligible if they:
– Expect to receive an honorable discharge upon separation from active duty
– Obtain a memorandum rating ofÃ‚Â 20% or more from the VA
– Apply for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment VetSuccess services
- Veterans are eligible if they:
– Have received, or will receive, a discharge that is other than dishonorable
– Have a service-connected disability rating of at leastÃ‚Â 10%, or a memorandum rating ofÃ‚Â 20% or more from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
– Apply for VR&E VetSuccess services
Basic period of Eligibility
- The basic period of eligibility in which VR&E VetSuccess services may be used is 12 years from the latter of the following:
– Date of separation from active military service, or
– Date the veteran was first notified by VA of a service-connected disability rating.