FIRE PREVENTION ORDER NUMBER AZ-030-12-01Â
FIRE RESTRICTIONS DUE TO VERY HIGH FIRE DANGER
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT, COLORADO RIVER DISTRICTÂ LAKE HAVASU FIELD OFFICE
Pursuant to 43 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 9212.2, because of extreme fire hazard conditions, the following acts are prohibited on Bureau of Land Management (BLM) administered land in Arizona and California for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) administered public lands within the jurisdiction of the Lake Havasu Field Office of the Colorado River District until further notice. This includes BLM administered public land in portions of Mohave and La Paz Counties in Arizona, and San Bernardino and Riverside Counties in California.
- Open campfires, charcoal grills, and stove fires.
- Use of fireworks, flares, or other incendiary devices.
- Welding or the use of any torch or metal cutting implement.
The restrictions are necessary due to extreme fire danger from prolonged hot and dry weather conditions.
- Campfires and charcoal grills are permitted in developed recreation sites or improved sites where agency-built fire rings or grills are provided.
- Smoking is restricted to enclosed buildings, within an enclosed vehicle and on a paved or surface roads, within a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least six feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
- The use of petroleum-fueled stoves, lanterns, or heating devices are allowed provided such devices meet the fire underwriterâ€™s specifications for safety.
The following persons are exempt from this order:
- Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act or omission.
- Any Federal, State or Local Officer or member of an organized firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Resident owners and lessees of land, and holders of recreational special use authorizations, within the restricted area are exempt from Restriction No. 1 above, provided such fires are within a permanent structure.
This Order becomes effective at 12:00 AM, May 18th, 2012, and will remain in force until rescinded.
Violation of this prohibition is punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000.00 or imprisonment of not more than 12 months, or both. Questions regarding this order should be addressed to the BLM Fire Mitigation Specialist, James Stewart, at (928) 317-3260, or the Lake Havasu Field Office at (928) 505-1200.