What is VONAPP?
- The VONAPP website is an official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website that enables service members, veterans and their beneficiaries, and other designated individuals to apply for benefits using the Internet.
- U.S. military veterans and some service members within six months of separation or retirement can apply for compensation benefits and/or pension benefits using VA Form 21-526, and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment benefits can be applied for using VA Form 28-1900.
- U.S. military veterans, service members, members of the selected reserve, and dependents can apply for education benefits.
How is using this site different from visiting a VA office?
- When you use this site to complete and send an application to the VA, your application will be sent directly to the VA office with jurisdiction over your application. Processing will begin and you will receive an automated e-mail response from the VA office letting you know that your application has been received.
- It can be important for you to submit your claim as soon as you can if it is near the end of a month, whether by regular mail or using VONAPP, to ensure we receive it before the first of the next month.Â In some cases, your entitlement is based on the date we receive your claim in the VA.Â You might lose a month of benefits if we find you eligible, but you wait until the following month to submit your claim.
- When you successfully submit your electronic application using VONAPP, the time and date is stamped on your application.Â The time and date is the Eastern Standard Time (EST) at Philadelphia,Â Pennsylvania, where it is electronically received by the VA regardless of your geographic location around the world.
What â€œHelpsâ€ are on this site?Â
- We have designed this site so you can have help features and background information at all times.Â The VONAPP Home Page has links to provide in-depth information for specific topics
- Â To begin completing an application using VONAPP, click on the Start VONAPP button on the VONAPP Home Page. We recommend that you read the information in Instructions for Filling Out Applications before you start.
Help Functions. Once you begin working on your application, the left margin of most pages will have specific information related to the current block your cursor is in.Â The right margin of many of your screens will have help links.Â These links provide information that will help you understand what we need or will give you special information about the section of the application you are completing.