In todayâ€™s economy, finding a job can be nearly impossible for some. Fortunately for those whoâ€™ve served, some companies are giving back to Americaâ€™s veterans. The Top 100 Military Friendly Employers are based on a survey which evaluated a companyâ€™s long-term commitment to hiring former military, assets dedicated to hiring military and percentage of new veteran hires.
Listed below are the top 10 veteran employers for 2011
- Amazon: Retail
- Southern Company: Energy
- CSX Corporation: Transportation
- BNSF Railway: Transportation
- URS: Defense
- ManTech International: Defense
- Johnson Controls: Industrial Products
- Booz Allen Hamilton: Defense
- USAA: Insurance
- T-Mobile USA: Telecommunications
Approximately 5,000 companies were eligible to make the G.I. Jobs list, only two percent made the cut. For more veteran friendly employers, visit http://www.gijobs.com/2012Top100.aspx.