The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Children directs the governor of Arizona to enter into a compact with other states to remove barriers to educational success that are imposed on children of military families (military children) because of frequent moves and deployment of parents. Forty-three States belong to this Compact.
The Interstate Compact enacts the following provisions:
- Facilitates the timely enrollment of military children because of difficulties in the transfer of education records from a previous school district or because of variations in entrance or age requirements.
- Facilitates the student placement process by allowing waivers to ensure that military children are not disadvantaged by variations in attendance requirements, scheduling, grading, course content or assessment.
- Streamlines qualifications and eligibility for enrollment, educational programs and participation in extracurricular programs for military children.
- Facilitates the on-time graduation of military children.
- Promotes flexibility and cooperation among the educational system, military parents, and military children to achieve educational success for the student.
**Note- The compact applies to public schools only
Contact McShane for more information at (928) 269-5372 or email@example.com