VMA-211 Returns from Afghanistan
On Thurs afternoon, Nov. 1, VMA-211 Marines are scheduled to return from a six month deployment in Afghanistan. Friends and family as well as station personnel are highly encouraged to attend their homecoming at the VMA-211 hangar. If interested in attending the homecoming, please call (928)269-2275 for the exact time of arrival.
Presidential Election Nov. 6
General Election Day, Nov. 6 is right around the corner, and the Yuma County Recorder’s Office is keeping their doors open this weekend to help residents make their vote count. This weekend, Nov. 3 – 4, registered voters can head on over to the County Recorder’s Office at 410 S. Maiden Lane between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and cast their ballot.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Early Ballots MUST be mailed and received in the Yuma County Recorder’s Office by 5 p.m., Election Day. Ballots received by mail AFTER the Nov. 6 deadline, even if they are postmarked prior to Nov. 6, will not be counted.
After early voting closes at 5 p.m. on Nov. 4, registered voters who have not voted via Early Ballot are encouraged to cast their votes in the General Election on Nov. 6, at any of the 11 Vote Centers throughout the County. The Vote Centers are open between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Election Day.
Registered voters can now go to ANY vote centers located at the following sites:
1. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Neighborhood Center, 300 S. 13th Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364
2. Immanuel Baptist Church, 1000 E. 24th Street, Yuma, AZ 85364
3. Yuma County Health Dept., 2200 W. 28th Street, Yuma, AZ 85364
4. Oasis Church, 1545 S. Avenue C, Yuma, AZ 85364
5. Connecting Point Nazarene Church (formerly First Church of the Nazarene), 1900 S. Avenue A., Yuma, AZ 85364
6. Yuma County Public Works, 4343 S. Ave. 5½E, Yuma, AZ 85364
7. Community Christian Church, 6480 E. Highway 95, Yuma, AZ 85365
8. First Southern Baptist Church of Wellton, 11711 William Street, Wellton, AZ 85356
9. Foothills Library, 13226 E. South Frontage Rd, Yuma, AZ 85367
10. Somerton Library, 240 Canal Street, Somerton, AZ 85350
11. Fernando Padilla Community Center, 800 Juan Sanchez Blvd., San Luis, AZ 85349
For more information, please contact the Yuma County Elections Office at (928) 373-1014.
Seasonal Uniform Change
Effective at 2 a.m., Nov. 4, the Marine Corps will transition to the Woodland MARPAT uniform, the Dress Blue Charlie and Service Uniform Bravo uniforms respectively.
The station is slated to host its Multicultural day on the MCAS Yuma parade deck, Nov. 1, from 1-3 p.m. The event will celebrate diverse cultures from across the world.
USMC 237th Birthday Ceremony, Parade
On Weds., Nov. 7 at 10 a.m., MCAS Yuma will celebrate the Marine Corps’ 237th birthday with a formal cake cutting ceremony and uniform pageant on the parade field. This is a time-honored tradition that is open to station personnel, special guests and military I.D. card holders in the greater Yuma area. For more information about this event, please call (928)269-2275.