The Munitions Storage Area will be closed for a wall-to-wall inventory from Jun 12-18. All issue requests must be submitted no later than close ofÂ business May 29. Munitions must be picked up and/or turned in no later than Jun 12. Emergency issue requests must be approved, in writing, by the Group Commander or equivalent. Scheduling errors that result in issue requests for daily use and training munitions are NOT considered an emergency situation. Contact Master Sgt. Ryland, Master Sgt. Yoder, or Tech. Sgt. Olive at Munitions Accountability, (702) 652-1162/1286.
40th Anniversary Aggressor Reunion, Fri-Sat, June 1-2:Â For the first time, in commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the establishment of aggressor units at Nellis, the annual aggressor reunion will include all components of aggressor units, including air, ground, space, cyber and information aggressors. To highlight the occassion, the 57th Adversary Tactics Group will host a series of events, open to all with base access, including a Family â€œBurger Burnâ€ at Freedom Park, Noon, Friday and Saturday; guided tours of the Threat Training Facility (a.k.a. the â€œPetting Zooâ€), Friday, every 45 minutes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Flightline static displays of historic aggressor aircraft and threat systems, including T-38, F-5, F-15, F-16 jets plus SA-6 and SA-8 surface-to-air missile systems.Â Additional information is available through the aggressor private organizationâ€™s website, http://aggressor-reunion.com.
Civil Air Patrol Nellis Squadron Open House, 6:30 p.m., Tues, May 15:Â The Civil Air Patrol, the official civilian auxilliary of the Air Force, will host an open house at the Nellis CAP Squadron, 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 15. The unitâ€™s office is located in the Nellis Airman Leadership School, in building 625 (the building just north of the base Commissary). The open house will highlight opportunities CAP provides through its three components which are as follows:
- The cadet program, open to young adults 12-18 years old. The program offers leadership development, fixed-wing and glider flight orientations, summer activities, hands-on aerospace education events like robotics and rocketry, academic scholarships and more.
- The senior member program, open to adult volunteers 18 years and older. The program supports a diverse array of emergency service operations, including air and ground search and rescue, disaster relief, law enforcement surveillance assistance, and emergency communications missions. Some members may also help lead the cadet program.
- Aerospace education, also for adult volunteers but open to non-CAP members as well. This CAP mission helps the Air Force increase the publicâ€™s understanding of air- and space-related topics and includes both public education events as well as cooperative programs with business, fraternal, civil, and service organizations. For more information, contact CAP 1st Lt. John Dâ€™Angelo at email@example.com.
WeeklyÂ Events Around NellisÂ
- Pizza Buffet at Time Out Sports Lounge 11a.m.
- Specialty Burger Night at Time Out Sports Lounge 5p.m.
- Wingman Wednesday at Time Out Sports Lounge 5p.m.
- Grill Your Own Steak at The Club 5p.m.
- Dollar Daze at Bowling Center 4p.m.
- Cook Your Own Steak at Time Out Sports Lounge 5p.m.
- Taco Loco at Time Out Sports Lounge 11a.m.
Check the Force Support Schedule of Events online at www.nellis.af.mil for special events coming your way.
NTTR Annual Goal Oriented Leadership Function (GOLF): Friday, May 18 at Nellisâ€™ Sunrise Vista Golf Course. Registration from 6:30-7:15 a.m., 7:30 a.m shotgun start. $45 includes green fees, cart, lunch and prize raffle entry. Select Shot – $5 Mulligans – 3 per person. Longest drive and closest to the pin prizes, must use two drives from each player. Open to Contractors, Family Members and Nellis Personnel. RSVP to Senior Master Sgt. Charlie Cook/Master Sgt. James Carpenter, (702) 653-4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 11 is Military Spouse Appreciation Day. There will be a celebration at The Club from 4 – 8 p.m. Anyone with base access is welcome to attend. Events include Hula and line dancing, make up demonstrations, cupcake decorations, a fashion show and more. For more information on Military Spouse Appreciation Day call (702)644-2582.
May 12:Â Red Rock Canyon Hike/ Picnic.Â Travel with Outdoor Recreation on a family friendl6y adventure to Red Rock Canyon. Learn about the Canyonâ€™s desert environment and select which trails to explore. Cost is $15; $5 for 12 years old and under. Cost includes transportation, a picnic lunch, and entrance fee. Departure is 8 a.m.; Return at about 3 p.m. PLAYpass eligible. Call Outdoor Recreation, 652-8967, for more information.
May 13:Â Motherâ€™s Day Golf Tournament.Â Sunrise Vista Golf Course will be hosting a golf tournament open to all women and women only. Sign up by May 10, for the 9:30 a.m., tee time. Call 652-4497 for more information.
May 19: Black Canyon Kayaking. This adventure begins downriver from Hoover Dam and continues 12 miles down the Colorado River to Willow Beach. Planned stops include sauna cave, Boy Scout Canyon, Arizona Hot Springs and other points of interest. Participants must bring ID card and at least 2 quarts of water per person. Cost $50, includes transportation, guides, equipment, launch fees and lunch; PLAYpass eligible. Showtime 6:15 a.m., return around 5:30 p.m. Weight limits: tandem kayak = 500 pounds, canoe = 1,000 pounds (canoes available upon request). Call Outdoor Recreation, 652-8967, to register.
May 20:Â Customized Boating Adventure.Â Arrange a kayak, canoe and/or pontoon boat adventure on the Colorado River or the lake for your family and/or friends. Cost depends on the details of the adventure; possibly PLAYpass eligible. Call 652-8967 for more information. Time to be determined.
May 24:Â Memorial Day BBQ at Crosswinds Dining Facility.Â Stop by the Crosswinds Dining Facility from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a hot and fresh BBQ meal. Open to all meal cards and authorized dining facility patrons.
May 31:Â Heart Link: Air Force 101 for Spouses. Join us from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a fun-filled day of interactive games, presentations, and prizes as you learn about the Nellis mission, community services and much more!Â Call the Airman and Family Readiness Center, 652-3327, to register.