Youth Basketball Registration:
Youth Basketball Registration (players and coaches) will be held Jan 10-12, 2013. Season (practices) starts Jan. 28 or Feb. 4. Games will start 2 weeks later. Practices are at either5:15pm, 6:15pm or 7:15pm during the week and games are on week nights and Saturday mornings. The season will tentatively end on March 23. Child registration forms & coaching packets can be filled out at the Youth Center during the registration times. For more info, contact Youth Sports by email at email@example.com or by phone, 702-652-6019.
Papa John’s Now Open: Papa John’s pizza is now open for business on Nellis Air Force Base.
Deployed Spouses supporting Deployed Spouses: Stay strong during deployments and meet with other deployed spouses. Share ideas, learn coping skills, socialize and more. Meetings are held at the Airman and Family Readiness Center from 11 a.m. to noon the first and third Monday of each month. For more information call (702) 652-3327.
Champagne Sunday Brunch: The Club invites all members and family to a Sunday Brunch from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Children under eight years of age eat free.
Gate Changes: The Range Road gate will no longer conduct commercial vehicle searches or issue base passes. All commercial traffic will be rerouted to the Area II commercial gate for inspection and all visitors will be processed at the Main Gate Visitor Center 24/7. In addition, the Hollywood and VA gates will close until further notice. Traffic that would normally use the Hollywood gate can use the Tyndall, Main, or Area II gates, while traffic for the Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center should use the Range Road gate. Any questions can be addressed to the 99th Security Forces Squadron Base Defense Operations Center at (702) 652-2311.
57th Wing to Announce fourth quarter awards: Today, the 57th Wing will hold a quarterly awards presentation at the Nellis Air Force Base Theater. Everyone is invited to attend. Call Nellis Public Affairs for details at (702) 652-2750.
Force Support Events
- The Club serves breakfast Monday – Friday: 6 – 9 a.m. in the Atrium.
- Both The Club and Time Out Sports Lounge have social hour Monday – Friday: 4 – 6 p.m.
- Ready Set Grow at the Airman and Family Readiness Center: 10 a.m.
- Taco Tuesday at The Club and the Time Out Sports Lounge: 4 – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday Night Scramble at the Golf Course: 5 p.m.
- Storytime at the Library: 10:30 a.m.
- Wine Down Wednesday at The Club and the Time Out Sports Lounge: 4 to 6 p.m.
- Steak Night at The Club: 5 to 8 p.m.
- Steak Night at the Time Out Sports Lounge: 5 – 8 p.m.
- The Club and Time Out Sports Lounge have DJ entertainment: 5- 10 p.m.
- Club Vibe: 4 – 7 p.m. and 7 – 10 p.m.
Every Saturday and Sunday: The Time Out Sports Lounge is open from 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Champagne Sunday Brunch at The Club: 10 a.m. until 1 p.m.