NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev. — The Nellis AFB Tax Center opened Jan. 28, 2013, and the Creech AFB Tax Center opens today. The centers provide free tax advice, tax preparation and tax assistance to include electronic filing to active duty, reservists on orders, retirees and military family members possessing a valid United States Uniformed Services Identification Card. The tax center at Nellis AFB is located in the Nellis Community Center, building 625, Suite 320. The tax center at Creech AFB is located in building 81 on Third Street.
Nellis AFB tax center hours of operation are:
Mondays and Tuesdays (8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.)*
Wednesdays and Thursdays (8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)*
Creech AFB tax center hours of operation are: Fridays (8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)*
* From 8 – 9 a.m., the tax center will accept walk-ins for Short Forms 1040EZ (basic return) and 1040A (basic return plus Forms 2441, 8863, and 8880 and Schedules B, M and R) tax returns only. Long Form 1040 tax returns which require schedules and forms will be completed by appointment only.
To make an appointment for tax assistance, call the tax center appointment line at (702)652-2645 between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Mondays through -Thursdays.
What do I need to bring to the tax center?
- A valid military I.D. Card (active duty, reserve, or dependent, retiree)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if you have received one
- Income statement(s): Such as Form W-2 (from all employers), W-2G (gambling winnings), 1099-R (retirement/annuities) and unemployment compensation statement 1099-G from state
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099 INT and 1099 DIV)
- A copy of last years’ Federal and/or State return (if available)
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- If post 2008 divorce decree or separation agreement, the noncustodial parent must have signed Form 8332 to claim child
- Other relevant information about income and expenses (.i.e., Total paid for Day Care, Day Care identifying numbers)
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, bothH spouses must be present to sign the required forms (or have a power of attorney explicitly relating to tax filing or an IRS Power of Attorney, Declaration of Representation – Form 2848)