NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev. — The 414th Combat Training Squadron is gearing up to support and run Red Flag 13-3 from Feb. 25 – March 15.
Red Flag is a realistic combat training exercise involving the air forces of the United States and its allies.
The exercise is just one of a series of advanced training programs administered at Nellis AFB on the Nevada Test and Training Range by organizations assigned to the U.S. Air Force Warfare Center.
More than 125 aircraft are scheduled to depart Nellis twice a day, around noon and again around 6 p.m. Aircraft may remain in the air for up to five hours. The flying times are scheduled to accommodate the other flying here and provide Red Flag participants with valuable training in planning and executing a wide-variety of combat missions.
The exercise will include U.S. forces and aircraft from:
- 1st Fighter Wing, 27th Fighter Squadron, F-22As, Langley AFB, Va.
- 57th Wing, 422nd Test and Evaluation Squadron, F-15Cs, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- 53rd WG, 85th TES, F-15Cs, Nellis AFB
- 20th FW, 79th FS, F-16CMs, Shaw AFB, S.C.
- 55th Electronic Group, 43rd Electronic Combat Squadron, EC-130s, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
- Carrier Air Wing 11, Electronic Attack Squadron 135, EA-18G, Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash.
- 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 2, EA-6B, Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, N.C.
- 509th Bomb Wing, 393rd Bomb Squadron, B-2s, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
- 48th FW, 492nd FS, F-15E, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
- 114th FW, 175th FS, F-16, Joe Foss Field Air National Guard Station, S.D.
- 116th Air Control Wing, 16th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, E-8s, Robins AFB, Ga.
- 55th WG, 343rd Reconnaissance Squadron, RC-135s, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing, Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron 1, EP-3C, NAS Whidbey Island
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing, Patrol Squadron 46, P-3C, NAS Whidbey Island
- 23rd WG, 66th Rescue Squadron, HH-60s, Nellis AFB
- 57th WG, 422nd TES, A-10s, Nellis AFB
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company, Detachment 1, B Company, 2-149 General Support Aviation Battalion, CH-47s, Texas Army National Guard, Texas
- 23rd WG, 79th RQS, HC-130J, Davis-Monthan AFB
- 6th Air Mobility Wing, Red Flag Tanker Task Force, KC-135s, MacDill AFB, Fla., and Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
- 552nd Air Control Wing, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, E-3s, Tinker AFB, Okla.
- 355th FW, 79th RQS, HC-130J, Davis-Monthan AFB
- 55th Electronic Group, 755th Operations Support Squadron, EC-130s, Davis-Monthan AFB
- 57th WG, 64th Aggressors Squadron, F-16Cs, Nellis AFB
- 57th Wing, 65th AGRS, F-16Cs, Nellis AFB
- 55th Electronic Combat Group, 43rd Electronic Combat Squadron, EC-130s, Davis-Monthan AFB
- 4th Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Fighter Training Squadron 401, F-5s, Marine Air Corps Station, Yuma, Ariz.
- 12th Flying Training Wing, 560th Flying Training Squadron, T-38Cs, Randolph AFB, Texas.
- 49th Wing, 49th OSS, T-38Cs, Holloman AFB, N.M.
- 28th BW, 37th BS, B-1Bs, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
- 7th BW, 9th BS, B-1Bs, Dyess AFB, Texas
In addition to U.S. aircraft, the Royal Australian Air Force, flying E-7s, and the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom, flying Typhoons and GR-4 Tornados, will participate in Red Flag 13-3.
For more information about Red Flag, call the Nellis Public Affairs Office at (702) 652-2750.