NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nev. — The 414th Combat Training Squadron is gearing up to support and run Red Flag 14-1 from Jan. 27–Feb. 14.
Red Flag is a realistic combat training exercise involving the air forces of the United States and its allies.
The exercise is just one of a series of advanced training programs administered at Nellis AFB on the Nevada Test and Training Range by organizations assigned to the U.S. Air Force Warfare Center.
More than 125 aircraft are scheduled to depart Nellis AFB twice a day; aircraft may remain in the air for up to five hours. The flying times are scheduled to accommodate other flying here and to provide Red Flag participants with valuable training in planning and executing a wide-variety of combat missions.
The exercise will include U.S. forces and aircraft from:
- 1st Fighter Wing, 27th Fighter Squadron, F-22 Raptors, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
- 20th FW, 55th FS, F-16CM Fighting Falcons, Shaw AFB, S.C.
- 55th Electronic Group, 43rd Electronic Combat Squadron, EC-130 Hercules, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
- Carrier Air Wing 17, Electronic Attack Squadron 132, EA-18G Growler, Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash.
- 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron 4, EA-6B Prowler, Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, N.C.
- 509th Bomb Wing, 13th Bomb Squadron, B-2 Spirit, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
- 366th FW, 391st FS, F-15E Strike Eagle, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho.
- 140th FW, 120th FS, F-16C Fighting Falcon, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- 3rd MAW, Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 314, F/A-18 Super Hornet, Marine Corps Air Station, Miramar, Calif.
- 116th Air Control Wing, 16th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, E-8 Joint Stars, Robins AFB, Ga.
- 55th Wing, 38th Reconnaissance Squadron, RC-135 Rivet Joint, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing, Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron 1, EP-3 Aries, NAS Whidbey Island, Wash.
- Patrol and Reconnaissance Wing 10, Patrol Squadron 40, P-3 Orion, NAS Whidbey Island, Wash.
- 23rd WG, 41st Rescue Squadron, HH-60 Pave Hawks, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
- 23rd WG, 71st RQS, HC-130J Combat King II, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
- 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Red Flag Tanker Task Force, KC-135 Stratotankers, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
- 552nd ACW, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, E-3 Sentry, Tinker AFB, Okla.
- 57th WG, 64th Aggressor Squadron, F-16C Fighting Falcons, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- 57th Wing, 65th Aggressor Squadron, F-15C Eagle, Nellis AFB, Nev.
In addition to U.S. aircraft, the Royal Australian Air Force flying E-7s and F-18s and the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom flying Typhoons and GR-4 Tornados will participate in Red Flag 14-1.