Air Force

February 14, 2014

SSgt promotion test rescheduled for April 1-May 16

Debbie Gildea
Air Force Personnel Center Public Affairs

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas — To ensure senior airmen selected for promotion to staff sergeant do not meet the enlisted retention board, the Air Force will move the testing window up earlier this calendar year, from May 1-June 15 to April 1-May 16, Air Force Personnel Center officials said Feb. 7.

“We have assured Airmen selected for promotion that they will not meet the ERB,” said Chief Master Sgt. Michael McGuirt, AFPC enlisted promotions. “Moving the testing window up will allow individuals to test and allow us time to process scores, run selects before the ERB board begins and remove selects from the ERB eligible list.”

Changing the testing window for the promotion cycle could prevent as many as 10,000 records from being unnecessarily reviewed by the ERB, the chief said.

“We’ve coordinated with all the affected organizations to ensure study references are available and test booklets will be printed and delivered to testing locations in time for the April 1 start date,” he added.

The enlisted retention program is one of several fiscal year 2014 expanded force management programs that have been or will be implemented this year, according to Lt. Col. Rick Garcia, AFPC retirements and separations branch chief. The board will review records of senior airmen in overmanned career fields who have a Jan. 1, 2013 or earlier date of rank.

Senior airmen must have three years time in service and six months time in grade to be eligible to test for promotion to staff sergeant, so some of the Airmen eligible to meet the ERB will also be eligible to test for staff sergeant. Approximately 36,000 senior airmen are eligible to test for staff sergeant in the spring test cycle.

For more information about promotions, force management programs and other personnel issues, visit the myPers website at https://mypers.af.mil.




All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.


 
 

 
U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Thomas Spangler

40 years of Red Flag ends on high note

U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Thomas Spangler A C-17 Globemaster III assigned to the 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston Air Force Base, S.C., flies to the Nevada Test and Training Range during Red Flag 15-4, Aug. 25. With a...
 
 

Never underestimate your impact

INCIRLIK AIR BASE, Turkey — Every day I visit our great Airmen and every day I come across more than one that underestimates their impact to the mission. There’s the one-stripe maintainer, “just repaneling an aircraft,” for the next day’s flight, or the young personalist, “just issuing another identification card,” or the defender, “just guarding...
 
 

Challenge yourself: Never give up, never quit

FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. — I once read that newly created cells in our bodies do one of two things: they either begin to decay or they become more vital. These cells choose their path based on what we demand of them. If we are sedentary, our brains signal our cells to decay; but...
 

 

SECDEF visits Nellis

U.S. Air Force photo by Lawrence Crespo U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter speaks with Airmen from Nellis and Creech Air Force Bases during an all-call at the Lightning Aircraft Maintenance Unit hangar on Nellis AFB, Nev., Aug. 26. Carter’s department is responsible for policy development, planning, resource management, fiscal, and program evaluations for the...
 
 

Air Force extends SAPR services to AF civilians

WASHINGTON — The Air Force released a policy memo today allowing Air Force civilian employees who are victims of sexual assault to file restricted and unrestricted reports with their installation’s sexual assault response coordinator. The policy is effective immediately and allows SARCs and sexual assault prevention and response victim advocates to assist Air Force civilians...
 
 

TRICARE pharmacy rules changing for maintenance, brand-name drugs

WASHINGTON — TRICARE beneficiaries who take certain brand-name medications on a regular basis will be required to fill prescriptions at a military treatment facility or through a mail-in program beginning Oct. 1, a Defense Health Agency official said here Aug. 20. George Jones, DHA’s pharmacy operations division chief, said the new policy does not apply...
 




0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>