Salutes & Awards

March 21, 2014

USAFWC NCO STEP promoted

Tags:
Air Force Public Affairs Agency, Operating Location - P

Air Force continues force management programs

U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Thomas Spangler U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Thomas Spangler

WASHINGTON — Air Force leaders announced a resumption of all force management programs March 15 following a recently discussed strategic pause.

“After providing senior leadership a chance to evaluate the programs and assess our early progress, we are ready to resume immediate processing of voluntary applications in most categories and begin notifying Airmen of their status,” said Lt. Gen. Sam Cox, the Air Force deputy chief of staff for manpower, personnel and services. “We expect to receive final approval authorities early next week for a select few categories, like rated and health professions, at which point we will be actively processing all voluntary applications.”

Notifications to Airmen could start as early as next week, the general added.

Cox also confirmed previously-announced force management boards would proceed as currently scheduled. The eligible populations for those boards will remain the same with the exception of a small group of about 500 Airmen who will no longer be eligible for the current voluntary or involuntary programs. Those individuals will be personally notified of their eligibility status by the Air Force Personnel Center.

“Resuming the current programs on the previously announced schedules and under the same basic criteria means minimal changes for our Airmen,” Cox said.

One item assessed during the pause was the pace of the programs and whether or not the Air Force could achieve required reductions on the original schedule. The analysis revealed the need to include a second round of programs in 2015.

“Airmen who were eligible for programs during the first round in 2014 will not be eligible for the retention boards in 2015, unless they have specific negative quality force indicators,” Cox said.

Ensuring well-performing Airmen are not subject to multiple involuntary programs is key, according to the general.

Details on the nature and timing of the second round of programs will be announced in the coming weeks.

The general continues to encourage eligible officers and enlisted Airmen to apply for the Temporary Early Retirement Authority and Voluntary Separation Pay programs. The current TERA application window remains open to March 26 and the VSP application window is open to May 1.

For more information on force management, force shaping, reduction in force and other personnel programs, go to the myPers Web site at https://mypers.af.mil.




All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.


 
 

 
feature5

Looking back: Commander’s tour at 99th ABW ends

U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Joshua Kleinholz Col. Barry Cornish, 99th Air Base Wing commander, engages in an on-camera interview with local news media during a tour of Tule Springs fossil beds in Las Vegas Nov. 18,...
 
 
U.S. Air Force photo by Jim Varhegyi

Freedom, fortitude, sacrifice: CMSAF commemorates fallen

U.S. Air Force photo by Jim Varhegyi From right, Air Force Sergeant’s Association International President retired Chief Master Sgt. Daniel Yeomans, Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force James A. Cody and Air Force Association Pr...
 
 
retreat2

Nellis closes National Police Week with formal retreat

U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Christopher Tam Maj. Richard Martin, 99th Security Forces Squadron commander, speaks to military members and civilians at Freedom Park during a final guard mount and formal retreat ceremony...
 

 

799th SFS, local law enforcement gather to recognize Police Week

U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class C.C. Nevada highway patrol officer Jineal Jack hands a Police Week flyer to an Airman passing through the gates of Creech Air Force Base, Nev., May 12. Police Week is a nation-wide event proclaimed by the president of the United States during the week of May 15...
 
 
Courtesy photograph

Nellis Airman garners 2013 Sijan Award

Courtesy photograph Senior Master Sgt. David DeLoney, 820th RED HORSE readiness and emergency management superintendent, poses for a photo at an undisclosed location. DeLoney earned the 2013 U.S. Air Force Lance P. Sijan Leader...
 
 

Air Force names 2013 Sijan award winners

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas — Two officers and two enlisted Airmen have been named the 2013 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award winners, Air Force Personnel Center officials said today. The Sijan award, first presented in 1981, was named in honor of the first U.S. Air Force Academy graduate to receive the Medal of Honor....
 




0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin