Q.“I’m an active duty family member. My family and I are moving to a different TRICARE region. How do we transfer our TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, TRICARE Overseas Program Prime or TOP Prime Remote enrollment?”
A.You can easily transfer your and your family’s enrollment by contacting your losing contractor and providing information about your upcoming move, whether stateside or overseas. To begin the transfer process, your losing contractor will ask for:
• Your sponsor’s name;
• Your name and names of family members who are transferring to the new location;
• Your sponsor’s Social Security Number;
• Your or your spouse’s cell number;
• Your or your sponsor’s e-mail address;
• The estimated date of relocation;
• Where you are moving? to determine the appropriate TRICARE option
Note: If you would like to transfer to a US Family Health Plan, you’ll have to call US Family Health Plan directly to enroll.
To complete the transfer process:
• Your losing contractor shares your information with your gaining contractor;
• Your gaining contractor then contacts you within five business days of your anticipated arrival date.
• Your gaining contractor verifies your date of arrival, and discusses your TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, TRICARE Overseas Program Prime, TOP Prime Remote enrollment options.
If during this call, you let the contractor know your arrival date changed, your gaining contractor will contact you at a later time (up to three more times) to confirm your information. If your arrival date changes, your gaining contractor will then contact you within five days of the new date.
• The date of the call will be your effective enrollment date as long as you agree to the transfer, but your enrollment status is only complete when the contractor has all your enrollment information.
If no one calls ahead to transfer your and your family’s enrollment, please call your gaining contractor upon your arrival at the new location. Your gaining contractor may then transfer enrollment via telephone or direct your family to other enrollment transfer alternatives:
• Online through the Beneficiary Enrollment Web site. Not available for overseas enrollments. Active duty service members may only use it for TRICARE Prime Remote enrollments. Submitting a TRICARE Prime Enrollment and PCM Change Form to your gaining contractor; Via mail – address is on the form; or By having your sponsor follow local in-processing procedures at the new unit/location. To find out what region you are in, please visit the TRICARE Regions Web page.
North Region Contractor (Health Net)
South Region Contractor (Humana Military)
West Region Contractor (UnitedHealthcare) 1-877-988-WEST (1-877-988-9378) www.uhcmilitarywest.com
TRICARE Eurasia-Africa Regional Call Center
1-877-678-1207 (Toll-free from the U.S.) www.tricare-overseas.com
TRICARE Latin America & Canada Regional Call Center
1-877-451-8659 (Toll-free from the U.S.) www.tricare-overseas.com
TRICARE Pacific Regional Call Center
Singapore: +65-6339-2676; Sidney: +61-2-9273-2710 (Commercial)
Singapore: 1-877-678-1208; Sidney: 1-877-678-1209 (Toll-free from the U.S.) www.tricare-overseas.com
Note: Due to a Medical Group training and an official function May 9, the Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center will be closed for normal operations with the exception of the emergency room and inpatient services. All outpatient clinics, including the main pharmacy, satellite pharmacy, laboratory and radiology will be closed for normal operation in support of the exercise. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.