Q.“I’m a grey area retiree and I want to enroll in the TRICARE Retired Reserve program. How do I find out if I’m eligible for coverage? In addition, if eligible, how do I purchase coverage, what is the cost and how do I pay for it?“
A. Retired Reserve members may qualify for enrollment and purchase of TRR coverage if they are:
• Members of the retired reserve of a reserve component who are qualified for non-regular retirement under 10 U.S.C., Chapter 1223. Under age 60, not eligible for, or enrolled in, the Federal Employees Health Benefits program.
To find out if you’re eligible and to purchase coverage, you must:
• Go to the web-based Defense Manpower Data Center Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application
• You must have either a:
• Department of Defense Common Access Card
• DFAS Account
• DOD Self-Service Logon Premium account.
• The DS Logon Premium account is given to a user who has registered using their CAC or DFAS myPay Login ID or who has a DS Logon Basic Account.
• You can also: Complete an in-person proofing process at a VA Regional Office; or complete the remote proofing by calling the DEERS, DMDC Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 or 1-866-363-2883 for the hearing impaired.
Note: You must have a retired military ID card to complete the remote TRR proofing process. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
To purchase TRR coverage if eligible:
• Print out the completed form, sign it and mail it with the first two months of premium payments to your regional or overseas contractor by the application deadline.
• The initial premium payment can be paid by check, money order or cashier’s check payable to the regional contractor or by debit, credit card [Visa or MasterCard].
• Monthly premium payment can only be paid by electronic funds transfer or recurring debit or credit card
• TRR premium rates are adjusted annually on a calendar year and members are required by law to pay the full cost of coverage with no government subsidy.
For more information, contact your
regional or overseas contractor.
North Region Contractor, Health Net
South Region Contractor, Humana Military
West Region Contractor, United Healthcare
TRICARE Eurasia-Africa Regional Call Center
Toll-free from the U.S.: 1-877-678-1207
TRICARE Latin America and Canada Regional Call Center
Commercial : 1-214-942-8393
Toll-free from the U.S.: 1-877-451-8659
TRICARE Pacific Regional Call Center
Commercial: Singapore: +65-6339-2676; Sidney: +61-2-9273-2710
Toll-free from the U.S.: Singapore: 1-877-678-1208; Sidney: 1-877-678-1209
Note: As of June 16, the Optometry Clinic has moved out of the basement of Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center and into Bldg. 340 across base, which is the same building as the Satellite Pharmacy and Flight Medicine, across from Papa John’s. The phone number remains the same – (702) 653-3010.
Send your questions to email@example.com.