The U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, will rock the skies of LA County headlining the Los Angeles County Air Show March 21 and 22 at William J. Fox Airfield.
Gates open at 9 a.m., and the flying starts at noon.
Air Show fans at the inaugural event will be captivated by an array of exciting and thrilling jets, gravity-defying aerobatic performers and the rumble of historic aircraft.
The Blue Angels performance is precision flying at its best, but the show certainly doesnít stop there,said Dennis Dunbar, executive director of the Los Angeles County Air Show.† No matter what aircraft is screaming through the skies over Fox Field, it is always thrilling, but more importantly, itís an experience ñ you get to see the aircraft, explore the planes both inside and out, and personally talk to the actual pilot or crew member of the airplane that literally just took your breath away. You wonít want to miss the inaugural Show.
In addition to the Blue Angels, the air show will showcase thrilling jets, world-renowned aerobatic performers, warbirds, and vintage aircraft that will inspire both young and old to dream big.† Performers include (but not limited to):
- Special performance by the Lockheed C-130 support aircraft, affectionately known as ëFat Albertí
- Heritage Flight ñ P-51 Mustang and F-86 Sabre Jet
- Red Bull Air Force ñ Including Chuck Aaron in his aerobatic helicopter, Kirby Chambliss flying gravity-defying aerobatics in his Edge 540, and the Red Bull Wing Suit Flyers
- Greg Colyer ñ The Ace Maker featuring the iconic Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star
- Bill Braack ñ Smoke Ní Thunder Jet Car, racing close to 400 mph
- Korean War Demonstration ñ featuring a dogfight between an F-86 Sabre Jet and a Mig 15
- Lockheed P-38 Lightning Aerobatic Demonstration
- Northrop N9MB Flying Wing flyovers
- And, so much more!
Airshow fans will enjoy an action packed weekend both on the ground and in the air.† Every gravity-defying maneuver, fly-over and aerobatic performance will leave you speechless. Itís going to be an incredible show,said Dunbar.
On the ground, spectators will be able to explore static aircraft displays, interact with pilots and crewmembers, and experience interactive attractions and educational exhibits designed to promote STEM. Stay tuned as we announce additional attractions in the coming weeks!
For more information on the air show including admission prices, visit www.lacountyairshow.com.