- Slow down and be especially alert from 7:50-8:30 a.m. and 2:30-3:30 p.m. in residential neighborhoods and school zones.
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- Watch for children on and near the road in the morning and after school hours.
- Reduce any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings. Put down your phone! It is illegal to talk or text while driving.
- Kids should cross the street with an adult until they are at least 10 years old.
- Make sure kids utilize sidewalks.
- Never cross in front of a bus where the driver cannot see them.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Never run out into the streets or cross in between parked cars.