“Desert University” is not a school, but an education initiative implemented through National Training Center Policy Letter 14. “DU” allows a Soldier two days a week, between Monday and Thursday, during the hours of 3 – 6 p.m., to either take an in-person class through Barstow Community College or Park University, or work on an online course at an approved location.
How do I participate?
- Enroll in a college course (that meets in person) during the hours of 3 – 6 p.m., or that is held online.
- Bring proof of your course registration to the Education Center, building 1020, to get a “DU” memo from an education counselor.
- Get the “DU” memo signed by your commander.
- Return the “DU” memo to the Education Center.
- Attend class or take on an online course in the Education Center computer lab or at a location designated by your command (not your home or room) between 3 – 6 p.m., two days a week (Monday-Thursday).
I still have questions. What should I do?
Go to the Education Center and speak with an education counselor. They are available Monday through Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Thursday, 1 – 4 p.m., and; Friday 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.