Do you have some free time and are you not sure what to do what it? You should come down to the American Red Cross station, here. We are located at building 566, between 3rd Street and Inner loop Road. We are looking for folks willing to work with other people and help out in the office. Currently we are in need of the following:
- Volunteer Coordinator: Overseeing all the Red Cross volunteers
- Youth Coordinator: Oversees youth volunteers and assists the Youth Chair.
- Records Coordinator: Enters volunteer records in the system.
- Publicity Coordinator: Publishes newsletters and interacts with the radio and newspaper on post while assisting the Publicity Chair.
- Hospital Liaison: Leadership and guidance for volunteers at Weed Army Community Hospital and the MEDDAC volunteers of the Red Cross.
- Caseworkers: Assisting in passing emergency messages to the military.
If you are part of the youth community, here, and you get bored on the weekends or even after school, you too should come down to the office and talk to us. We have some exciting activities coming up for the holidays. We will be making crafts for Veterans at the Barstow Veterans home and helping them with Bingo on some Saturdays. We are working on a project called “Holiday Mail for Soldiers,” and we need youth to help us organize and distribute greeting cards.
Call us at 380-3697 or 380-3508, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.