More than 30 companies scheduled to attend Fort Irwin Job Fair
Army Community Service, in conjunction with the Army Career and Alumni Program, will host the Fort Irwin Job Fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sandy Basin Community Center, Sept. 26.
If you are looking for a job, or would like to explore your career options, this is an opportunity you can’t miss. You will have the chance to meet face to face with local and national employers who have open positions and are hiring! Employers will be accepting resumes, answering your questions and doing on the spot interviews.
Tips to make your job fair experience successful:
- Be prepared. Bring extra copies of your resume and any other documents you may need (DD214, transcripts, etc.) Bring a pen to take notes and to fill out applications.
- Practice interview techniques. Some employers may have on the spot interviews. Ensure you are ready to answer any questions with positivity and enthusiasm.
- Dress to impress. Dress like you would to a professional interview. Avoid flashy clothing or colors. Remember this is your first impression.
- Practice a pitch. You will only have a few minutes with each employer, so develop a quick pitch to tell them about what you have to offer. Summarize your skills and experience to quickly market yourself as a good candidate.
- Network. Talk to all of the employers. Even if you think their company may not have the type of job you want, there may be other opportunities, unknown to you, that they can offer. Ask questions about the recruitment process and find out about the company. Talk to other job seekers and build connections. They may have information about other opportunities.
For more information on the Fort Irwin Job Fair, call 380-5165.