FORT IRWIN, Calif. — Residents of The Villages at Fort Irwin recently received this information concerning utility billing on post:
If you reside in one of our homes that participates in the Army’s energy conservation program, better known as the RCI Energy Conservation Program (“RECP”) administered by Conservice, please note that this program has been suspended Army-wide effective March 1, 2019, as per the direction of the Department of the Army. Per the Army’s guidelines, “Projects should neither bill residents, pay-out rebates, charge administrative fees, nor pursue existing delinquent utility payments.”
Despite the suspension of billing and rebate activities, we have been directed to continue to monitor usage and to provide residents with “mock” billing statements (i.e. consumption reports) while the Army reviews the current data collection and billing methodology.
What this means to you:
• Until further guidance from the Army, the “pause” button has been pressed for the RECP program.
• During this pause, starting with your next billing statement, bills from Conservice will be mock bills. These mock bills will indicate your most recent consumption for informational purposes only. NO PAYMENTS WILL BE DUE. Also, no rebates for savings earned will be provided. Theoretical amounts owed or rebates appearing on mock bills during the suspension period will not accumulate over time.
• If you have an outstanding balance as of March 1, 2019, then this outstanding amount will continue to be reflected on your future statements but will neither accrue any additional charges nor will you be expected to pay this amount until further notice and guidance from the Army.
• If you have a credit balance as of March 1, 2019, then this credit amount will continue to be reflected on your future statements but will neither accrue any additional credits nor be refunded until further notice and guidance from the Army.
• Please note that all future mock bills will be sent to you via e-mail.
Thank you for your service to our nation and being a part of our community. Please continue to conserve energy as this has been the main goal of RECP since its inception more than a decade ago. If you have any billing-related questions, please contact Conservice at (866) 947-7379. If you are experiencing any issues or problems reaching Conservice, please call our subject matter expert: Adrena at (760) 267-3767.