During April and May, Air Force Materiel Command will promote its ‘Be Active’ team challenge.
Be Active is a command-wide initiative designed to help the AFMC workforce increase physical activity levels and heighten awareness of proper back care.
Participants will receive a free copy of the Mayo Clinic’s “Wellness Solutions for Back Pain” DVD at the official check-in. Civilian Health Promotion Services will conduct the challenge.
How to Participate in the Be Active Team Challenge:
1) Enroll online at http://www.afmcwellness.com/ through April 20. Participate as an individual or choose one teammate to keep you motivated.
2) Attend a Body Mass Index check-in between March 28 and April 20. Print and bring your Be Active confirmation email to the check-in to finalize enrollment. You will receive the “Wellness Solutions for Back Pain” DVD at this visit.
3) Perform physical activity and log your minutes on the http://www.afmcwellness.com/ Activity Log from April 11 through May 24.
4) Attend the CHPS education class, “Building a Healthy Core” between April 11 and May 24.
5) Attend a BMI check-out between May 31 and June 10.
6) To be eligible for the completion award, participants will need to:
a. Enroll in the Be Active Team Challenge
b. Attend both BMI check-in and check-out
c. Perform and log at least 720 minutes (12 hours) of physical activity
d. Attend “Building a Healthy Core” class from CHPS staff
Participants who complete the Be Active Team Challenge requirements will receive a FREE Pressure Point Massage Roller from CHPS. Contact your physician before beginning any physical activity program to be sure it is safe.
For more information, visit http://www.afmcwellness.com/ or contact your local CHPS team.