Ask the Doc…


Q. I need to replace my durable medical equipment. Will TRICARE pay for the replacement?

A. Yes, as long as you own it and:

• It’s broken and can’t be repaired

• It has accidental damage

• There’s a change in your physical condition or

• The Food and Drug Administration states the equipment doesn’t meet safety standards

Contact Information

North Region Contractor (Health Net)

1-877-TRICARE (1-877-874-2273)

South Region Contractor (Humana Military)


West Region Contractor (UnitedHealthcare)

1-877-988-WEST (1-877-988-9378)

TFL Contractor (Wisconsin Physicians Service)


TFL Overseas Contractor (International SOS)

Country-Specific Toll-Free Numbers

Send your questions to