Base newspaper for the National Training Center and Fort Irwin. Published the first Friday of the month.
Click here to download a copy of the High Desert Warrior 2016 Rates
The High Desert Warrior is a digital news publication serving the personnel and their families of Fort Irwin National Training Center. Published the first Friday of each month in digital format, the High Desert Warrior contains news and information for, and about, the personnel of Fort Irwin NTC and their families, base defense contractors and area veterans.
The digital edition features “flippable” pages, is keyword searchable, and advertisements are linked to the advertiser’s website.
The High Desert Warrior is available as follows:
- Emailed to approximately 4,000 base personnel
- Viewable at www.fortirwinnews.com
- Viewable on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HighDesertWarrior
- FB Subscribers (High Desert Warrior Page Likes)
– Approx 2,657 as of 9/12/2016
- Additionally, High Desert Warrior is posted on Barstow and Victor Valley FB community groups
Mission: Training for today’s mission; Preparing for tomorrow’s requirements.
- Provide tough, realistic joint and combined arms training
- Focus at the battalion task force and brigade levels
- Assist commanders in developing trained, competent leaders and soldiers
- Identify unit training deficiencies, provide feedback to improve the force and prepare for success on the future joint battlefield
- Provide a venue for transformation
- Take care of soldiers, civilians, and family members
- Total: 24,666
- Military: 4,997
- Officer: 500
- Enlisted: 4,497
- Dependents: 6,836
- Contractor: 4,973
- Civilian: 6,302
- Retired: 3,954
- Rotational exercise: 5,336 (Green Flag)
Payroll: $86.7 million military payroll, $27.6 million civilian payroll
Contractors: Raytheon Technical Services, Northrop Grumman, Irwin Energy Security Partners, IAP, Medical Staffing Solutions, Inc., Clark Energy Group, Acciona Solar Power
Total Economic Impact: 42 percent of the economy of Barstow
Housing Units: 2480, plus 96 under construction
Major tenants: Northrop Grumman, IAP, Raytheon, and 60+ smaller contractors.
Major Units: 11th Armored Calvary Regiment, 916th Support Brigade, National Training Center Operations Group
Remote annexes: None
Substantial interaction with other bases, services: MCLB Barstow for equipment shipping and receiving. Nellis AFB for Green Flag exercises.
Major facilities on base: 20 bed trauma hospital, Commissary, PX
Extended education facilities on base: Colleges that have annexes on base include Park and Webster Universities and Barstow College.
Projected increase/decrease in personnel: No substantial change foreseen in near future.
Zip codes within market area: 92310 92311 92312
- Updated daily
- Includes PDF of the print edition
Related links: Fort Irwin
Color Charges: (per insertion)
- Spot Color: Please add $3.00 per column inch, per color
- Process Color: Please add $9.00 per column inch
Pre-printed Flyer Insertion Rates:
- Single Sheet (8.5x 11 inches) $40 per thousand
- 4-8 tabloid pages $42 per thousand
- 12-24 tabloid pages $46 per thousand
- 28+ tabloid pages $52 per thousand
Max size is 10×13 inches. 2,000 minimum run, $85 min charge
Shipping address: News West Publishing, 2435 Miracle Mile Bullhead City, AZ 86442.
All inserts must be received by Mon., 3 pm, week of insertion
Page size: 6 columns x 13 inches – Image area 10.25″ x 13″ tall
1 column: 1.5625″ 2 columns: 3.325″ 3 columns: 5.00″
4 columns: 6.75″ 5 columns: 8.50″ 6 columns: 10.25″
Electronic File Requirements:
Please submit files as a pdf, 300dpi as CMYK, no 4/c black
Published every Thursday, Distributed to military and contractor personnel at Fort Irwin NTC, including 2,000 on-base housing units, offices and high traffic locations on base. The High Desert Warrior is also distributed at high traffic locations throughout Barstow and surrounding communities. Available online at www.fortirwinnews.com. 6,500 copies weekly.
Advertising Deadline: Tuesday noon for that Friday’s publication.
On Line Advertising
Web ad pricing is per client, per site, per week.
Web ads rotate among five clients.
- Full Banner (468 x 60 pixels) – $50
- Leaderboard (728 x 90 pixels) – $75
- Square (250 x 250 pixels) – $75
- Medium Rectangle (300 x 250 pixels) – $65